Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed this brake line on front brake for 350z?
Please let me know how to line run. Pictures would be great.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
When I replaced my lines, I took a good hard look at the OEM setup, then matched up the aftermarket lines for each corner and left them there to tackle later on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have them, but I don't have any pictures. For the most part, I routed them the same as the OEM lines. I even re-used the stock retaining brackets.

One thing to be careful of is the orientation of the banjo head where it gets mounted to the caliper. If it is not orientated correctly, the line can get in the way of pad service or brake bleeding.

Also, NEVER EVER FOR ANY REASON LET THE MASTER CYLINDER RUN DRY!!!!! When you swap these lines, do it fast so that the lines do not completely empty of fluid. Also, don't let the master cylinder run empty when doing the brake bleeding. Many have found out that the consequences of letting the master cylinder run dry and really bad.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Also, NEVER EVER FOR ANY REASON LET THE MASTER CYLINDER RUN DRY!!!!! When you swap these lines, do it fast so that the lines do not completely empty of fluid. Also, don't let the master cylinder run empty when doing the brake bleeding. Many have found out that the consequences of letting the master cylinder run dry and really bad.
:werd:

Cost me tons of time, money, and it was dangerous getting to the place to fix it. Don't get air in the master cylinder, but ESPECIALLY not the ABS unit. Talk about a hard thing to get air out of... WHEW! I went through a lot of hassle. Make sure you don't let it run dry, no matter what. :werd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts