Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that know me well enough know I've been waiting for this day for a long time. By the time most of you read this the Z is loaded on a trailer, dogs are in the back of Ada's SUV, and my brother and father are leading the drive home to Houston, Texas. I honestly can't sit here and say I enjoyed my time in Colorado. From working at Peterson AFB, to the stuck-up atitude, to the winter weather. I've honestly hated my time in Colorado. I tried to make the best of it when I could. I've meet a lot of people and only became good friends with a small few.

Well Colorado is over and I'm looking forward to the future. Ada will hopefully get a good job where she's happy at and I'm looking forward to starting a new career away from fire protection and the military. I honestly can't say where we'll end up but I do know it will be in Texas.

So the the small few I wish you the best! Stay in touch, do what makes you the happiest, and remember "...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So are you from Texas originally?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
No wonder you don't like the cold weather. I'm the same way but the job and pay keeps me up north. Not for long, though!

Good luck in Houston. I like that city. So much to do, and the super highways are awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jun 21 2008, 06:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=538902
No wonder you don't like the cold weather. I'm the same way but the job and pay keeps me up north. Not for long, though!

Good luck in Houston. I like that city. So much to do, and the super highways are awesome.
:rolf2: I hate the snow! I hate it with a passion! :xZ!o:

I'm looking forward to Houston. Old School and I are already talking about hitting the mean streets with our Zs. :nunchuk: (Evil Laugh)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey man, hope your trip is a quiet and pleasant one. Colorado isn't for everyone, and for those people I say "GO AWAY, Get out a here" (insert evil laugh). Though you had to live in the crappy springs, but Houston is nice too, but that drive is horrid. Be safe, enjoy the fam, and life in general.

~DDFZ :cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Robert,

I was checking out the links from all the new memebrs who flocked over here from My350Z, and I saw that you are a mod over on this forum. I hardly come around Tech, wish I had known that you were a mod over here, I would have kept in touch, since you were apparently banned from My350Z. What's up with that? First MHZ and then My350, who do you keep pissing off, LOL?!?

Sorry to see you go, but at the same time I'm happy for ya. I know yoiu've wanted to go back home for a long time. Not sure why there was animosity between you and some of the CO guys, but Becckie and I always wished we had more time to spend with you and Ada. Enjoy the warm weather, cheap fireworks, and concealed carry permits. And know that some of us will miss you and the good times. I doubt there will be anyone willing to put togetehr any COS meets or drives with you gone.

Good to hear you're making further progress on the car. Post a review on the Aerosync when you get it, with some pics, too. I've been thinking about getting that myself. Are there any active Z clubs that put together track days there? Take it easy,

Will

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
important thing about moving to TX... You'll be that much closer for ZdayZ next year! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Resolute @ Jul 16 2008, 01:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=545264
Robert,

I was checking out the links from all the new memebrs who flocked over here from My350Z, and I saw that you are a mod over on this forum. I hardly come around Tech, wish I had known that you were a mod over here, I would have kept in touch, since you were apparently banned from My350Z. What's up with that? First MHZ and then My350, who do you keep pissing off, LOL?!?

Sorry to see you go, but at the same time I'm happy for ya. I know yoiu've wanted to go back home for a long time. Not sure why there was animosity between you and some of the CO guys, but Becckie and I always wished we had more time to spend with you and Ada. Enjoy the warm weather, cheap fireworks, and concealed carry permits. And know that some of us will miss you and the good times. I doubt there will be anyone willing to put togetehr any COS meets or drives with you gone.

Good to hear you're making further progress on the car. Post a review on the Aerosync when you get it, with some pics, too. I've been thinking about getting that myself. Are there any active Z clubs that put together track days there? Take it easy,

Will
Hey Will!

Short and sweet why I was banned from MHZ; Spviey is a douche and Boulder Nissan (MHZ Sponsor) does shitty work. I called both of them out and the Boulder Nut-Hugging Crew {Mudd, Kevin, Sean (Cause if you don't use Boulder you overpaid and have shitty installation)} and others got pissed and I was banned. Lastly regarding MHZ, I knew when I left the meets would end. It happened my I was in Iraq in '06 and happened when I left for Kuwait.

Reason for my banning at My350Z is simular. I told someone that I think Greddy is garbage... He didn't like it... Said something about my wife... I threaten him... I was banned.

Both not a real lost. MHZ has turned into a show ***** site vs tracking their cars and well, look at My350Z now.

As far as my Moving to texas you already know how much I hated Colorado. From work, to the area, to the weather. Colorado was not for me. Texas is home and I'm looking forward to finally getting home. (14 more days!!!) I've already joined a couple local forums and made some friends that are going to help me out. I also joined the Z Club of Houston and am a full member. Of course the local forums are a younger crowd and perfer the hwy cruising and parking lot gartherings. But the ZCOH is a bit older and love the race track. There are several tracks close by with Texas Speedway an hour from my house. I've already joined the SCCA auto-x forum as well as NASA Texas. So have no fear I will make good use of everything I've bought and not just showing it off or bragging about it.

Yeah wasn't to happy when Ada told me the OEM bumper cracked. I looked at several new fronts and the Aerosync was the best route. It was inexpensive ($425 shipped), available (Gruppe-S had several in stock), and can take a bit more punishment than others. And with my known off roading at PMI I needed that. LOL I'll let you know how I like it and such.

Well hope this answers a lot of question you had. LOL Sorry I got a bit long winded there. Enjoy your stay at Tech. Tell Becckie Ada & I said "Hi."

~Robert :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts