Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Dude :yourock:

Thanks!!

I really have to subscribe to that magazine one of these days...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Got that mag and thought it was a pretty good article. Really made me think about turbos even more. I liked the way they presented the topic. I found it easy to read and informative.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Got that mag and thought it was a pretty good article. Really made me think about turbos even more. I liked the way they presented the topic. I found it easy to read and informative.
IMO that article was worthless. Reasons:
1.) Manuals vs Automatics (SFR and PE)
2.) Varying boost levels (ranging from the PE at 4.5 psi to 8 pounds on the other kits)
3.) Cars with issues
- boost leaks/vibrations (TN)
- Untuned/detuned (PE)
- again cars running autos

IMO, from reading the, just like More Power stated, it didn't exactly have a hard hitting feel. My interpretation of the article was this.
-TN sucked, obviously sending a car with issues didn't help
-PE sucked, running an auto and about 1/2 the boost of the other cars really hurt it.
-SFR sucked, auto tranny and the word 'custom' used too often. Custom IMO equates to home depot 'custom' intakes. Doesn't necessarily inject thoughts of high quality
-Greddy was decent. they liked the big turbos and big power potential
-JWT was decent - they loved the fast spooling turbos and the feel of the car.
- APS was decent - Though, they werent as enthusiastic as they seem about the JWT, they seem to be very impressed by the attention to detail/quality the kit delivered

The comparison chart is what I found most useful. You didn't have to 'interperet' anything from the writer. It is clear, at least IMO, that the APS addresses every component with with extensive detail not seen by the other manufacturers. It also shows that no kit is as complete as the APS regardless of the price point. And unlike some installers would like us to beleive, the JWT is not as complete as the APS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts