Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

with my wheels now on order for the past 3 weeks, im gearing up to buy tyres just after the new year

The shop i used to visit for cheap tyres has gone broke :doh:

Can anyone recommend any good tyre outlets in Melbourne?

Ideally id like to get the rims fitted, and balanced and aligned all in one go, so it would have to be someone who isnt going to scratch the **** out of my new rims

Im going for the new Yoki HSV have started using, the Advan Sport V103, 245/35ZR19 fronts and 275/35ZR19 rears. Had Yoki AVS Sports on my Alfa and loved them, so quiet and awesome grip

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Im going for the new Yoki HSV have started using, the Advan Sport V103, 245/35ZR19 fronts and 275/35ZR19 rears.

They should be a great tyre, but am told that they will not be here 'till early next year (wehich is not too far away).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if you are after good service, I know someone at Richmond who can do that for you... he has one of the 3 machines in australia which will not touch the wheels at all while the tyres are being installed... I am not too sure if he can give you good prices on the tyres though, but all his works are gone very nicely and he takes his time too... definitely need to book in advance for his personal service. If you want the number, I might need to dig it up for ya! He does jobs for Ferrari clubs and other exotic cars too :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going for the new Yoki HSV have started using, the Advan Sport V103, 245/35ZR19 fronts and 275/35ZR19 rears.

They should be a great tyre, but am told that they will not be here 'till early next year (wehich is not too far away).
yeah dude they arrive 1st week in Jan

Rich can u pm me his details

·
Registered
288 Posts
The main dealer for Yoki is TractionTyres, Kellels Rd, Rowville ask for Andrew McCathy ph:97642811 the also have a four head laser alignment machine, top guy best prices on Yoki's in town.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks david will check them out

ive got all next week off from work, having my wisdom teeth out, so plenty of time to shop around

though im thinking it may be best to just hold off fitting the wheels until i get the coilovers on, that way i just do all the alignment etc once......or is it a simple process?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The main dealer for Yoki is TractionTyres, Kellels Rd, Rowville ask for Andrew McCathy ph:97642811 the also have a four head laser alignment machine, top guy best prices on Yoki's in town.

Cheers
I'll second that - Traction did my suspension install and are great guys - very good service without the BS. The Yokohamas should be between 600 - 700 per tyre.

Donellans quoted me about $1900 for S03's if that helps.

You're getting SF Challenges arent you - what size ?

PS Who is taking your wizzies out?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah gold SF's, 19x8.5 and 19x9.5

guy which suspension did u go for?

the only quote i have so far is donny bob jane at $2200 for all 4

a dr jum ferguson is removing my teeth, man im not looking forward to it

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
PM sent... check it out... you will love his works, no rattle gun involved at all!!!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah gold SF's, 19x8.5 and 19x9.5

guy which suspension did u go for?

the only quote i have so far is donny bob jane at $2200 for all 4

a dr jum ferguson is removing my teeth, man im not looking forward to it
I've only got an Eibach Prokit but it makes a huge difference to the ride and look of the car. I will look at some Konis down the track.

Re your teeth, unless they are really badly impacted then it's not so bad. and the recovery is quick. I had my uppers flicked out in the chair (local only) and could have gone back to work that afternoon if I had wanted. I had my impacted lowers done under general by an oral surgeon (who incidentally owns an amazing Godzilla GTR) and I didnt bleed a drop. Sure I looked like a chipmunk for a couple of days but a Panadol Forte will work wonders.

You'll be fine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts