Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bad Dealership
Orland Park

My car went in for a squeak in the rear strut support. After sitting there for a week the I was called, paid, started driving the car only to notice the squeak was still there. After sitting there for another week I was called to be informed that it was done. Squeak was still there. So i would not accept the car back. I called four times over the next week and was promised each time that the manager would call me back (he promised me this directly). Finally being feed up I called got him on the phone by name and told him i want my car back and a refund, which he told me he would not give me. After an argument about how he needs to pay his workers and me briefly telling him that I was not going to pay for service, only the finished job and I was coming in that night, my car magically was fixed. Save yourself a headache and skip nissan of orland park, IL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I jus bought a z and i live in culpeper va...did you take your z to colonial auto center for some serious high performance mods or did you take it somewhere else??? I need a good garage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bad Dealership-Reliable Nissan-Albuquerque

1. I took my 2005Z in for 67,500k service. I was told I needed an injecter cleaning, to the tune of $110; for a pint of cleaner? Umm, I don't think so.
Also the multi-point inspection showed I had 8mm of lining left on the front brakes. (Remember this)

2. I had a low tire pressure light come on. I checked the tire and it had air in it, so I stopped by the dealership. I was told TPMS sensor was bad and they quoted me a price. When I went to pick my Z up the price had jumped 50% !! Talked to the service manager and he took care of the situation.

3. My VDC, slip light and cel light came on. Once again I took it to the Dealership. I know my bad. I was quoted a price. This time they actually got it right, but the multi-point inspection showed I had only 3mm of brake lining left. That's a difference of 5mm after only 1,000k on a DD that is not driven hard?:wtf:I even called the service tech out on it and his response was "somebody made a mistake". I answered back to him with "so we have mechs. that can't do their jobs?"Of course they are willing to do the job for $1,600. (Did you know the dealers price for EACH factory rotor is $540. I found them on the net for $415)

4. All this happened within 2,000k.

My theory: they're not selling any cars, so they rape you with needless work to support the dealership.
The only good thing I can say about this dealership is that the service manager, Chris, actually seems to care. He has rectified every problem.

I would like to find a good mech., but it's hard to know who to trust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mossy Nissan - Pacific Beach, (San Diego) CA

Put this on the BAD DEALERSHIP LIST!! Too long of a story...but if you really want to know why just send me a message and I will tell you why!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts