Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Etching in body panels? How in the world is that a deterrant? I had some poor mechanical service at my dealership, but never anything in the sales department. I can't believe they tried to talk you into that so many times. YOU are doing THEM the service by buying the vehicle. You would think the fee would have been waived.

As for my negative experience at the dealer, my Z had a nice dime size rust spot on the front quarter panel right next to the Z logo. Luckily, they acknowledged it and took care of it for free. My next problem occurred on the day I was supposed to pick up my Z after a LoJack Installation ( a must buy, if you ask me). I go to pick it up, and it has a large dent in the door right on the panel crease. I refused to pay anything until this was fixed. Of course, they saw that and took another two days to fix it.

After I went to pick it up two days later, I discovered that there were two 4 inch gashes on my dashboard from God knows what. At this point, I went straight to the manager of the dealership and said I would take my business elsewhere should any more scratches, spots, or dents find there way onto my Z. After this conversation, they promptly ordered a new dash and had it ready 2 days later, free of charge. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
33 Posts
At this point it seems like Thornhill here in Fort Worth is actaully making a genuine effort to locate and acquire the car we want. We're waiting to see if they come through.

Originally, Thornhill was going to acquire the Z that North Texas Nissan had. Apparently North Texas Nissan was asking a hefty amount for their Z thus the rather high price from Thornhill. That's understandable (on Thorhill's part)in retrospect.

The Z at North Texas Nissan had 20-inch wheels (which they offered to replace with stock ones). I thought it was a bit strange that they'd pop some 20-inch wheels on a new car. They said somebody else wanted the car that way and then their financing fell through. They also said (depending on who you talked to) that the car had been acquired from a dealership in North Carolina and Maine and had some extra transportation costs involved. We told them that any transportation costs above the standard destination fee were unacceptable.

Anyway, it has become apparent that the true story behind this vehicle is somewhat murky. At this point we're actually glad we're not getting it.

Meanwhile Thornhill Nissan has said they're pursuing another vehicle and will let us know if they get it.

Thanks for everybody's feedback. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll have a Z in our garage before long.

Heinz
I bought my "Z" from Thornhill and I got a good deal and their service writers have been excellent on the very few questions I have inquired about........ Even the parts guys have been most attentive and easy to work with......

·
Registered
450 Posts
:banghead: Sounds like they got hooked up with an aftermarket company. more $$$ tacked on to every sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I bought a car from North Texas Nissan and ran into the same kinda thing but then again after talking to one car dealer youve talked to them all. Their integrity level is just low anywhere you go.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
I bought my "Z" from Thornhill and I got a good deal and their service writers have been excellent on the very few questions I have inquired about........ Even the parts guys have been most attentive and easy to work with......
Yeah the service department has worked with me on everything so far.. They noted my "missing" cats, but didnt really hassle me about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, north texas nissan likes to add that crap to make easy money. I bought mine from courtesy, and they were great. They also have the best parts department.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It always pays to do research and visit several dealerships to see how they try to sell you a car. I live in Maryland and there's a huge multi-brand dealership here called Darcars. They will not pressure you to buy a car but will hound you for days afterwards. They will also try to sell you everything under the sun once you decide on a vehicle.

I visited a smaller dealership and literally had to walk away from the sales person as he would not stop trying to sell me the car on the spot. I told him I wasn't there to buy that day and each time I said this, he took it as a haggling tactic and tried to give me a "better" deal. I finally just got in my truck and drove away.

Finally, I went to a dealership about 10 miles north of DC (Herb Gordon Nissan). I had an old Nissan years ago and they were the only place that had a part I needed in stock. I went there and it was like talking to your best friend. No pressure, answers to any question you have, and an honest effort to cut a good price that both parties can live with. They "asked" me if I was interested in the sealant and security guard which I turned down.

I think in some ways it depends on how well the particular dealership succeeds as a business. If they establish trust in the local community then they don't have to resort to undesireable tactics but if they start down that path of playing games with people, it haunts them from then on forcing them to try and be even more creative and shady in the process.

scrapser

·
Registered
120 Posts
BAD GUYS :

RIVERSIDE NISSAN TULSA OKLAHOMA...

Took my car in for a TSB issue (clunk in front suspension) ...

Gave me a list of $ 1400 worth of repairs needed...

I refused to do that and then they said OK we'll fix the clunk by replacing the left front shock for 350 + tax...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I work for a company that supplies all the computers and related services to automobile dealerships. These two add-on items are simple upsells and pretty much pure margin. They tack these on so the F&I (finance) manager walks away with an additional $400 for every single car sold at that dealership. Like most of you suspected, this is not a fee but an add on. They didn't misrepresent themselves, they flat out lied.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Nissan of the Eastside Bellevue (in the Washington/Seattle area).

When I was looking for my Z, I went to the Nissan dealership first. When I said I didn't want the 2006 Touring Edition for $31,000, they handed me over to another gentleman who tried to sell me a 2004 Automatic Enthusiast with only stock equipment I believe . . . . . . . might have had a sound upgrade, I'm not sure.

Anyways, they tried to charge me $27,000 for it. Of course I declined. When I looked for Z's again online, I saw the EXACT SAME CAR they tried to sell me listed for $24,999.

They tried to sell me for $2000 dollars more, those pigs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bad Dealership-NEWBURGH NISSAN
talked on phone with salesman on friday. we agreed on a price for 06 350 touring black manual. iwould drive an hour to the dealership on monday after work to have my truck evaluted for trade in. I show up and david si at another dealership 100miles away, conveiniently-nobody knows this deal david worked out, the price of the car is higher and of course the trade in value was much less as was quoted. Oh and they didnt even have the car-they would have to get it from another dealership.AVOID NEWBURGH NISSAN, they even looked like creepy car salesman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Orange County Area (Los Angeles):

Bad Guys:

Nissan of Garden Grove:
Lie to you and waste your time (tell you they have the exact model and color you want thinking you'll come in and they can convince you to get another model)

Power Nissan Irvine:
"Come on in bro, I have the exact model and color you are looking for, it's on a lot just 10 minutes from here". I took time off of work to visit this SOB.

Good Guys:

Cerritos Nissan:
Didn't have the model and color I wanted but was honest about it and tried to make a deal to do a trade with a car in Texas.

Power Nissan El Monte:
Had the model I wanted but not the right color, I wanted SS, they had CS, a very close match but I was stuck on SS.

Connell Nissan Costa Mesa:
Where I finally got my dream car. Very short time spent there doing the paper work. I knew the exact model I wanted, they had it. Was out very quick.

For anyone in Southern California...Orange County area, take your car to Connell Nissan!

I am an employee there and I have worked there for 2 years, I know all the the techs fairly well....all of them know what the heck they are doing and have very good work ethics.

For people wanting to buy a new/used car...the salesman are easy to haggle with and are not there to try and jip people, great delearship, great customer service and excellent Nissan technicians...and I am NOT saying this because I work there either.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
GOOD DEALERSHIP:

Jerry's Nissan, Weatherford Texas

I ended up way the **** away from home, to find a good sale and the sales rep was definitely the best I've dealt with so far. Wasnt pushy at all, knew alot about the car (surprise surprise), and didnt throw me for any loops or tryin to make me spend more than I stated I could.

When I told them the car I planned on getting, I told them I would wait until I got my stuff straight before I'd call them to let em know I'm ready to buy. New guy comes up and is ready to buy the same car, test drove it, and wrecked it. Manager knew the predicament I was in because it was the ONLY enthusiast on the lot and in the area. He came down massively on the price of a touring so that I wouldnt go home without a car I was unfairly stripped of in a way.

The signing of the car took no time, no slipped in fees, they dropped what they were doing to get the keys in my hand.

Service is unknown since I wont be around for a long time but was **** glad to have done business there. A+ dealership

If you ever plan to buy one in the DFW area, check them out and ask for Tom Engel hahaa this guy rocked

·
Registered
37 Posts
For folks in So Cali,

GOOD DEALERSHIPS:
- Connell Nissan: got my new 06 Z there below invoice price. (took me 4.5 hours of haggling to get the price... walked out twice and grabbed me on my 3rd walkout :banghead: ) i've visited at least 5 nissan dealerships around oc/la county area, and this place had the most Zs in stock with "lowest" price to start haggling from. salesman was nice... a bit shady, but hey.... they're car salesmen. they're born shady.

- Cerritos Nissan: people were very courteous, and salemen were not very pushy. didnt end up buying from them, but they had relatively good pricing. their lot was actually very small, so not much variety.

BAD DEALERSHIPS:
- Garden Grove Nissan: wtfomgbbqaw;oifhawioefh... waste of f*#$ing time. talked to one of the salewoman on the phone, came in to check out the cars, but began bulls#^$ing about everything after testdrive. once she smelled that i wouldnt budge, the salewoman brought along a fastass sales mananager to double team me. funny... all they knew about Z was basically that it was 300 hp and thats it. i dont know why they keep stressing that to me over and over.... farking tards.

- Power Nissan of Buena Park : here are some of the things that the salesman said to me that night. "oh whats up bro~" "Z is one bomb-ass ride, fo sho" "c'mon man~ just up your price $3000 more and that car is YOURS!" "man~ i got family to feed... c'mon" "help me out bro... i havent sold a car in weeks" "just come inside and we'll play around with numbers" "I help you... you help me... lets do this man~"..... Enough said.

·
Registered
179 Posts
*************BAD DEALERSHIP!!!!*************************

North Texas Nissan in Corinth, Texas off of IH-35.

Tread by mercalli tells it all. To give you guys some insight on this, I use to work there during college so I know exactly the type of aggressive sales tactics they use ( I was not a salesman, I was the delivery guy...you know the person who goes through your manual and shows you all the features about your car that the salesmen blew through). To explain the $700.00 in fees, it is basically a ploy to make extra money on top of the sale. They are banking on people who do not pay attention to details and muddle through the itemized breakdown of the fees. I've seen the sales manger in action before. What they try to do is distract your attention by making small talk with you about another subject while they quickly read through the numbers. If you are one of the smarter individuals who catches these fees, they will claim that the fees were never hidden, they were right there on the maroney (that's car dealer term for the sticker on the window because the company that makes and prints the sticker is name after it's founder named maroney). In North Texas Nissan's defense, all dealerships do this. They call it a dealer addendum to tact on extra fees. Some are smaller like wheel locks or 3M coating, but they are all there. Next time you guys buy a car pay closer attention to the sticker on the window and the sales invoice that they fill out before you go into the "Box" (Sales Mananger's office where they hammer you for more $$ and to close the deal). North Texas Nissan trains their sales staff to respond in the following way towards these "Negs":

C: How come you didn't mention these fees before?
S: They were always there. It's a standard fee. The sticker reflects it (Which it does).

C:I don't like the fees. I am not paying it:
S: It's a standard fee. Everybody pays them.

C: Well it is too high I still don't want to pay them.
S: You have to.

C: I don't have to pay anything. This is a deal breaker.
Option1: threaten to walk
Option2: Ask for higher manager

S: He/She will get the actual new car manager. The manager will just repeat the same thing like you are a dumbass.
If you still insist on walking and it looks as if they deal is going to fall through, they will either let you walk or try to
split the cost of the $700.00 fees with you.

Here is the skinny on the fees.

The Secure Guard VIN etching for security: Those come from Nissan. No new Nissans are produced without them. Dealership has no choice in having it there.

The UniSeal protection: Yes that is actually there, but like the dealership when they tint your windows, they only pay a fraction of the cost. The UniSeal dosn't cost the dealership more than $10 bucks. They charge you over $100.00.

North Texas Nissan also trains their salesmen to never mention or draw attention to these fees. The job of the salesmen isnt to go through the numbers with you, it is just to get a yes from you to buy. It is up to the sales/finance managers to close on you.

Other deceptive practices that North Texas Nissan is guilty of are:

They've sold multiply wrecked cars and claim there's nothing wrong with them to their knowledge.

Most of their used cars are from trade in and auctions

All the demos where driven by the employees and/or their families

Example: 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring. Retail is listed around $25-$26k with about 45k miles. They own it for around 19k-20k. It is not based on NADA or Blue book. Those are both Retail projected numbers. Dealerships own and buy cars based on Black Book prices. They change every month and is market dependent. North Texas Nissan will always lowball you.

The most important thing about North Texas Nissan and any dealerships.

*****NEVER EVER LEASE A CAR unless you don't care about being upside down and get charge a outragous interest rate!!! They hide the high rates in the lease and call it a market rate. it's generally around 18%***************

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is repost of a response from another thread but I thought it belong in both.

*************BAD DEALERSHIP!!!!*************************

North Texas Nissan in Corinth, Texas off of IH-35.

Tread by mercalli tells it all. To give you guys some insight on this, I use to work there during college so I know exactly the type of aggressive sales tactics they use ( I was not a salesman, I was the delivery guy...you know the person who goes through your manual and shows you all the features about your car that the salesmen blew through). To explain the $700.00 in fees, it is basically a ploy to make extra money on top of the sale. They are banking on people who do not pay attention to details and muddle through the itemized breakdown of the fees. I've seen the sales manger in action before. What they try to do is distract your attention by making small talk with you about another subject while they quickly read through the numbers. If you are one of the smarter individuals who catches these fees, they will claim that the fees were never hidden, they were right there on the maroney (that's car dealer term for the sticker on the window because the company that makes and prints the sticker is name after it's founder named maroney). In North Texas Nissan's defense, all dealerships do this. They call it a dealer addendum to tact on extra fees. Some are smaller like wheel locks or 3M coating, but they are all there. Next time you guys buy a car pay closer attention to the sticker on the window and the sales invoice that they fill out before you go into the "Box" (Sales Mananger's office where they hammer you for more $$ and to close the deal). North Texas Nissan trains their sales staff to respond in the following way towards these "Negs":

C: How come you didn't mention these fees before?
S: They were always there. It's a standard fee. The sticker reflects it (Which it does).

C:I don't like the fees. I am not paying it:
S: It's a standard fee. Everybody pays them.

C: Well it is too high I still don't want to pay them.
S: You have to.

C: I don't have to pay anything. This is a deal breaker.
Option1: threaten to walk
Option2: Ask for higher manager

S: He/She will get the actual new car manager. The manager will just repeat the same thing like you are a dumbass.
If you still insist on walking and it looks as if they deal is going to fall through, they will either let you walk or try to
split the cost of the $700.00 fees with you.

Here is the skinny on the fees.

The Secure Guard VIN etching for security: Those come from Nissan. No new Nissans are produced without them. Dealership has no choice in having it there.

The UniSeal protection: Yes that is actually there, but like the dealership when they tint your windows, they only pay a fraction of the cost. The UniSeal dosn't cost the dealership more than $10 bucks. They charge you over $100.00.

North Texas Nissan also trains their salesmen to never mention or draw attention to these fees. The job of the salesmen isnt to go through the numbers with you, it is just to get a yes from you to buy. It is up to the sales/finance managers to close on you.

Other deceptive practices that North Texas Nissan is guilty of are:

They've sold multiply wrecked cars and claim there's nothing wrong with them to their knowledge.

Most of their used cars are from trade in and auctions

All the demos where driven by the employees and/or their families

Example: 2003 Nissan 350Z Touring. Retail is listed around $25-$26k with about 45k miles. They own it for around 19k-20k. It is not based on NADA or Blue book. Those are both Retail projected numbers. Dealerships own and buy cars based on Black Book prices. They change every month and is market dependent. North Texas Nissan will always lowball you.

The most important thing about North Texas Nissan and any dealerships.

*****NEVER EVER LEASE A CAR unless you don't care about being upside down and get charge a outragous interest rate!!! They hide the high rates in the lease and call it a market rate. it's generally around 18%***************

OK, long horror story but I need to vent.....

Me and the wife are trying to purchase a 2006 Enthusiast (LeMans Sunset) with manual transmission and no extras. We figured a fair price would be $28.5K plus tax, title and license.

We searched the internet inventory listings for local dealers and discovered that North Texas Nissan had one in stock so we called them and after a couple of phone discussions the salesman said we could have it for our asking price plust tax title and licensing fees.

We drove up to Denton from Fort Worth (about 40 or 50 miles) and test drove their car and then sat down to wrap up the deal. At that point they tacked on approximately $700 in "fees" for two items listed as "UniSeal" and "Security Guard".

We asked for an explanation of both items.

The Uniseal was basically a protective finish applied to the upholstery. We didn't ask for that (nor was it mentioned) and we're not paying for it.

The Security Guard consisted of etched VIN numbers on various surfaces in the hopes of deterring theft and the parting out of stolen parts. We didn't ask for that (nor was it mentioned).

We strongly feel that the "Security Guard" option is useless because the whole reason we're buying a new car at all is because my wife's Acura Integra was stolen last weekend. The carcass was found minus the engine, transmission and wheeels. This car had VIN numbers etched all over the place and it did absolutley nothing for us, the police, or our insurance rates. Useless option in our opinion and we would NEVER pay extra money for it.

We couldn't fathom how these two items would be considered "fees" as opposed to options and thus we felt they should have been included in the price we were quoted over the phone. They were not listed on the sticker on the car so nobody would be aware of the items until they saw the paperwork.

We objected and they insisted that these are "standard" fees on all of their cars. We argued that we weren't advised of these "fees" in our phone conversation. His response was that these charges were in the category of "tax, title and licensing fees" that he had mentioned in the phone conversation. We counter-argued that there was no way these could be categorized with tax, title and licensing.

We felt misled, to say the least and told him so. We asked to talk to a sales manager. The sales manager was no better and after about 20 minutes of his bullsh_t, we asked to talk to the general manager. The sales manager went to get the general manager and returned saying that the general manager was "involved in several different deals at the moment" and wouldn't be available for awhile. We told him that we would wait.

We went back and forth for a few more minutes with the sales manager. He said if it would make us feel better that the salesman would not get his comission and would be "parking cars" for the next few days. What a f-ing joke! We finally said we had nothing more to say unless it was to the general manager. At that point it only took a couple of minutes to round him up.

Talking to the general manager we expressed our disappointment at being misled and asked him what he was going to do about it. Amazingly, but not surprisingly, he apologized but said there was nothing he could do but maybe reprimand his salesman.

At that point we left.

Has anybody received similar treatment from a Nissan dealer? We're both so mad right now. We both took off from work early and drove 40-50 miles, all because some screwball salesman and his f-ing management could try to screw us. If we didn't like the 350Z as much as we do, we'd both swear off Nissan cars for good.

I can't trust any car salesman or sales manager at the moment. I have to assume they're all scumbags. I hate to do that but we have no choice. No matter what they offer, we're going to have to ask a bunch of questions to make sure there are no "hidden" charges in their offers. That's just not right.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Heinz

·
Registered
18 Posts
I took my 2004 350Z Roadster to Lawley honda Nissan in Sierra Vista Arizona, to have the alignment tire feathering issue taken care of, and when they jacked up the front of my car they placed the jacks under the soft part of the floorboards on both the drivers and passenger side and crushed in my floor. now my car has two big bumps sticking up in the middle of the floor . I am not sure what can be done about this or if permanent damage was done to the car. Does anyone know if the Z floorboards are Double walled steel? The service manager states they can just "bang it back out" is this acceptable? I am really pissed as my Z has only 13K miles and is( was) immaculate. will this affect the value of my car? Is this considered "frame damage" simce the car is a unibody? I am at a loss, What should I do? any help/ suggestions appreciated. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I took my 2004 350Z Roadster to Lawley honda Nissan in Sierra Vista Arizona, to have the alignment tire feathering issue taken care of, and when they jacked up the front of my car they placed the jacks under the soft part of the floorboards on both the drivers and passenger side and crushed in my floor. now my car has two big bumps sticking up in the middle of the floor . I am not sure what can be done about this or if permanent damage was done to the car. Does anyone know if the Z floorboards are Double walled steel? The service manager states they can just "bang it back out" is this acceptable? I am really pissed as my Z has only 13K miles and is( was) immaculate. will this affect the value of my car? Is this considered "frame damage" simce the car is a unibody? I am at a loss, What should I do? any help/ suggestions appreciated. [email protected]

banging them back out is NOT acceptable.. those monkeys should know better then go jack a car up in that spot. Take them for all they are worth!!

The service manager doesn't want to give you a new car! Of course he's going to say that.. they just f*cked up royally!!!

Get ahold of whoever you need to get ahold of to resolve this matter.. IMO, there is no course to high!

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
i would have went straght to the owner of the dealership and showed him what his service department did to your car. if he failed to do anything about it then i would contact Nissan USA. all of this woudl have been done before i left of course.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Call Nissan North America and complain like you've never complained before. Tell them you're going to report the dealership to the BBB and that you're going public by contacting the local news ombudsman about it.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts