Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Orange County.

Tustin Nissan: Had my car shipped from the distribution center same day, exact color, model, options. Everything I asked for I got. Even gave additional "freebies." Excellent service with comps after purchase. Excellent price even after the additional trouble they went through!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
:F-you:

Ok, here is a little dillema I am in.I had a set of bad HID healights on my Z, they leaked water and blew out the HID's. I never opened them to paint them or tampered with them in any way,but one of them had some stress cracks in it from someone sitting on it and the other was "cloudy" in the plastic itself.. So I made aquaintances with a parts manager at a local Nissan dealer who wanted to get some work done at my shop and I was going to "take good care of him" in exchange he was to get my headlights warrantied for me. I was going to bring the whole car in, but he just wanted me to bring the headlights.SO today I bring the headlights to him, he takes them,goes around back and hands me a brand new HID headlight and says he will call me when the other side comes in and he says just remember to take care of him on the install on his car.So I leave with the new headlight.. About 20 minutes later he calls me and says he has the other headlight and to come back whenever, so I told him I would be right back.He tells me to "pull around back when I get there". He comes out and gives me the other headlight and I leave..Brand new warrantied headlights..
Or so I thought...
About 2 hours later he calls me and says his service manager will NOT warranty them and I either need to bring back the lights or pay for them..So I say "ok Ill bring them tommorow"
now I been thinking, he seems like a nice guy and I would hade to get him in trouble, but he basically jerked me off, had me take 2 25 minute drives to the dealer. What he basically tried to do was scam his work to get a "deal " on his own stuff for himself. Now he wants me to pay $550 for each headlight..

What would you guys do?? Pay?
Dont pay and never go back or answer his calls?
Bring them back and thats that?
Bring them back but bring them to the owner of the dealer and get him fired basically?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ooh, tough call. You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself. I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him. I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it's a bad deal all the way around.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM
Ooh, tough call.  You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself.  I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him.  I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it's a bad deal all the way around.
[snapback]154644[/snapback]​

I know, I really want to plunk the lights down on the owners desk and tell him what happened , but I really dont like screwing people.Im SURE he would be fired instantly..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z+Sep 12 2005, 11:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM
Ooh, tough call. You know he just wanted to get some work done at the shop and was basically stealing from his employer to benefit himself. I would just take it back to the guy and call it quits with him. I know a lot of stuff is done by bartering parts or services, but if he did this w/o consent from the dealership, then it's a bad deal all the way around.

I know, I really want to plunk the lights down on the owners desk and tell him what happened , but I really dont like screwing people.Im SURE he would be fired instantly..
[snapback]154651[/snapback]​

Yeah, come to think about it, probably not worth it to make an enemy no matter how insignificant. Not worth the headache. Maybe returning them incognito might get you a better favor down the line. Sounds like karma, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Sep 12 2005, 09:17 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2005, 11:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Sep 12 2005, 08:38 PM

[snapback]154651[/snapback]​

Yeah, come to think about it, probably not worth it to make an enemy no matter how insignificant. Not worth the headache. Maybe returning them incognito might get you a better favor down the line. Sounds like karma, doesn't it?
[snapback]154654[/snapback]​

He offered to pick them up, so he knows he ****** up...I feel bad for him, yet pissed off..I really think if he wanted to he could have the Service manager warranty them.If he pushed it..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Id let him pick them up, its not worth giving your shop a bad name in the process, and if he got fired, then he would be talking bad, and he is more than likely in the local nissan world and could have an impact on your buisness, better to cut your losses IMO.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
that sux.

I would return them quietly, get my others and go on my way. Silence makes the guy have a guilty conciouse that he will have to live with and eventually he will get caught by someone that does not care if a bridge is burned. You have too much at stake with the shop and clientele in the area that they might refer.

see you thursday for the plenum swap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
HORRIBLE - Mossey Nissan Kearney Mesa (San Diego, CA) My convertible roof needed to be replaced due to a factory defect, they managed to crack my fiberglass frame behind the rear window in the process of replacing the soft top. I brought it back to have it fixed, they "painted" it, but a blind chimp would have done a better job. I brought it back no less than 8 #$%^ times to have it painted correctly and each time they brought it back and forth to the body shop 25 miles away, 50 round trip and guess who's gas they were burning? MINE! I even got them to sign a document saying if I was unsatisfied the final try, they would order a new part for me and paint it. Long story short, they wouldn't honor the signed document and I was told by the service mgr "it's good enough and I would be happy if this were my car." I was almost speechless, they busted up my car and then told me "it's good enough!" So finally I just dropped the issue figuring they would NEVER fix it correctly and it was costing me gas. I filed a claim with Nissan USA which basically does nothing! Oh and to boot, the new soft top was not put on right so my passenger side hinge that grabs onto the roof, is constantly getting chewed up due to wrong allignment of the roof. NEVER, EVER, EVER go to this dealership.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll second the recommendation for Santa Cruz Nissan. We worked with Jeff Wallace. Price was a bit high (over sticker), but they were selling them as fast as they were coming in, so I don't blame them for upping the price.

They searched far/wide for a LeMans Sunset Touring, no luck, so they traded with one of the South Bay dealers for our DB Touring.

Jeff knows the cars inside out, upside down and backwards. And he knows the Xterras, and the dodge trucks... (they're a Nissan/Dodge/Volks dealer).

Next new car/truck will almost undoubtably be through them (and him), unless it's a different brand.

I've been less impressed with other salesmen there, but Jeff is definitely good.

Also, I've had friends take their cars into the service dept, and had excellent work done under warranty. No idea how they handle modded cars/trucks, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,
I am a new member here. I want to purchase a 350z and was wondering if anybody knows any good dealerships in Austin, Tx. Or maybe around the austin area.

Right now I have 04 gmc sierra. I will be trying to trade in. this is a long shot to get the z. I am going to be upside down big time on my truck. Any help will be helpful.

Thank You

Mhip
:cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK, long horror story but I need to vent.....

Me and the wife are trying to purchase a 2006 Enthusiast (LeMans Sunset) with manual transmission and no extras. We figured a fair price would be $28.5K plus tax, title and license.

We searched the internet inventory listings for local dealers and discovered that North Texas Nissan had one in stock so we called them and after a couple of phone discussions the salesman said we could have it for our asking price plust tax title and licensing fees.

We drove up to Denton from Fort Worth (about 40 or 50 miles) and test drove their car and then sat down to wrap up the deal. At that point they tacked on approximately $700 in "fees" for two items listed as "UniSeal" and "Security Guard".

We asked for an explanation of both items.

The Uniseal was basically a protective finish applied to the upholstery. We didn't ask for that (nor was it mentioned) and we're not paying for it.

The Security Guard consisted of etched VIN numbers on various surfaces in the hopes of deterring theft and the parting out of stolen parts. We didn't ask for that (nor was it mentioned).

We strongly feel that the "Security Guard" option is useless because the whole reason we're buying a new car at all is because my wife's Acura Integra was stolen last weekend. The carcass was found minus the engine, transmission and wheeels. This car had VIN numbers etched all over the place and it did absolutley nothing for us, the police, or our insurance rates. Useless option in our opinion and we would NEVER pay extra money for it.

We couldn't fathom how these two items would be considered "fees" as opposed to options and thus we felt they should have been included in the price we were quoted over the phone. They were not listed on the sticker on the car so nobody would be aware of the items until they saw the paperwork.

We objected and they insisted that these are "standard" fees on all of their cars. We argued that we weren't advised of these "fees" in our phone conversation. His response was that these charges were in the category of "tax, title and licensing fees" that he had mentioned in the phone conversation. We counter-argued that there was no way these could be categorized with tax, title and licensing.

We felt misled, to say the least and told him so. We asked to talk to a sales manager. The sales manager was no better and after about 20 minutes of his bullsh_t, we asked to talk to the general manager. The sales manager went to get the general manager and returned saying that the general manager was "involved in several different deals at the moment" and wouldn't be available for awhile. We told him that we would wait.

We went back and forth for a few more minutes with the sales manager. He said if it would make us feel better that the salesman would not get his comission and would be "parking cars" for the next few days. What a f-ing joke! We finally said we had nothing more to say unless it was to the general manager. At that point it only took a couple of minutes to round him up.

Talking to the general manager we expressed our disappointment at being misled and asked him what he was going to do about it. Amazingly, but not surprisingly, he apologized but said there was nothing he could do but maybe reprimand his salesman.

At that point we left.

Has anybody received similar treatment from a Nissan dealer? We're both so mad right now. We both took off from work early and drove 40-50 miles, all because some screwball salesman and his f-ing management could try to screw us. If we didn't like the 350Z as much as we do, we'd both swear off Nissan cars for good.

I can't trust any car salesman or sales manager at the moment. I have to assume they're all scumbags. I hate to do that but we have no choice. No matter what they offer, we're going to have to ask a bunch of questions to make sure there are no "hidden" charges in their offers. That's just not right.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Heinz

·
Registered
61 Posts
BAD GUYS: North Texas Nissan in Corinth, TX

Refer to my thread in this forum titled "Screwed by North Texas Nissan".

Basically they lied to us over the phone to get us to drive (40-50 miles) up there only to have them tack on extra fees.

They're using the old bait-and-switch tactic.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
I purchased my first Z from there and didnt have those fees tacked on ?

Anyways, those are pure marketing bullshit and offer no benefit whatsoever. They VIN crap is not a deterant, and your car will be long gone before they ever even see a small etching on the window. The seat guard is a joke also and you can buy the stuff the use at autozone for $3

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Heinz, the only dealership that I would recommend is Nissan of Mckinney, but that is far away from you. Might still be worth it...

·
Registered
61 Posts
At this point it seems like Thornhill here in Fort Worth is actaully making a genuine effort to locate and acquire the car we want. We're waiting to see if they come through.

Originally, Thornhill was going to acquire the Z that North Texas Nissan had. Apparently North Texas Nissan was asking a hefty amount for their Z thus the rather high price from Thornhill. That's understandable (on Thorhill's part)in retrospect.

The Z at North Texas Nissan had 20-inch wheels (which they offered to replace with stock ones). I thought it was a bit strange that they'd pop some 20-inch wheels on a new car. They said somebody else wanted the car that way and then their financing fell through. They also said (depending on who you talked to) that the car had been acquired from a dealership in North Carolina and Maine and had some extra transportation costs involved. We told them that any transportation costs above the standard destination fee were unacceptable.

Anyway, it has become apparent that the true story behind this vehicle is somewhat murky. At this point we're actually glad we're not getting it.

Meanwhile Thornhill Nissan has said they're pursuing another vehicle and will let us know if they get it.

Thanks for everybody's feedback. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll have a Z in our garage before long.

Heinz

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I'd say that was "sketchy" beyond belief as these are "options" that anybody who would not know better would be like "**** yeah I'll take that" where as we know these are options that are OPTIONS AND NOT necessary, as josh stated, regardless of some etchings, the car will get stolen if someone really wants to steal it, and ]the upholstery treatment is nothing more than "scothguard" :headshake: good for you if you found a worthy dealership :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't feel to bad, after 3 months of waiting for a new 05 Track model and giving the dealer $1000 they forgot to order my car. I got my grand back and went to another dealer!

21 - 40 of 124 Posts