Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've never waxed my Z... a crime really. I have been too scared of doing a HORRIBLE job, and hate paying people to even touch my car. My dad has offered his buffer, no idea of make or material on it if it matters.

HELP! I'm heading to hooters in Portland and seeing my cousin whom I haven't seen in a few years. Is there a retard wiki for waxing your Z? Brand of wax, buffer, how to, the works!

Haven't taken alot of time to read up on it and have just made plans to go see my cousin (who is attractive and may have some hot friends, mmm titties).

Thanks for any help people!

One of the reasons I've kind of frayed from waxing it is because when I got it from the nissan dealer it looked horrendously bad, like someone took a **** brillow pad to it. I didn't want to make the same mistake....

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Well I've never waxed my Z... a crime really. I have been too scared of doing a HORRIBLE job, and hate paying people to even touch my car. My dad has offered his buffer, no idea of make or material on it if it matters.

HELP! I'm heading to hooters in Portland and seeing my cousin whom I haven't seen in a few years. Is there a retard wiki for waxing your Z? Brand of wax, buffer, how to, the works!

Haven't taken alot of time to read up on it and have just made plans to go see my cousin (who is attractive and may have some hot friends, mmm titties).

Thanks for any help people!

One of the reasons I've kind of frayed from waxing it is because when I got it from the nissan dealer it looked horrendously bad, like someone took a **** brillow pad to it. I didn't want to make the same mistake....
That's funny you say that, Nissan left some swirls in mine too...what takes those out?...the Zaino swirl polish?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
My last trip to hooters, I couldn't get the girls off my car. The girl in front is the manager:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wash and wax. It's that simple. Make sure you do it in the shade. When waxing, do 1 panel or body part at a time.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So the Zaino swirl stuff works well? Dave, what do you suggest for your PPW as I have the same...
I currently am using Mother's Gold. I've also been told by other enthusiasts that my car looks 'wet' and sparkly. I claybar it about twice a year, wash it regularly, and wax it about once every couple of months. Since my car is always garaged when not being driven, I feel like she doesn't need a waxjob as often as others.

I suggest using 3M Adhesive Cleaner (spray bottle) for those lovely and tiny black spots you see all over your car. You'd be amazed at what that stuff can do. When I first noticed them, no amount of washing or waxing would get those badboys off. Then one day I discovered the 3M product. Used it and found out that the black spots are really road grime and tar. The 3M stuff breaks it up and runs down, which is enough for me to wipe it clean. Leaves a glass finish and super clean.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I currently am using Mother's Gold. I've also been told by other enthusiasts that my car looks 'wet' and sparkly. I claybar it about twice a year, wash it regularly, and wax it about once every couple of months. Since my car is always garaged when not being driven, I feel like she doesn't need a waxjob as often as others.

I suggest using 3M Adhesive Cleaner (spray bottle) for those lovely and tiny black spots you see all over your car. You'd be amazed at what that stuff can do. When I first noticed them, no amount of washing or waxing would get those badboys off. Then one day I discovered the 3M product. Used it and found out that the black spots are really road grime and tar. The 3M stuff breaks it up and runs down, which is enough for me to wipe it clean. Leaves a glass finish and super clean.
Nice. That stuff is cool on the paint too? GREAT! The white is so tough to keep clean! Where do you find the 3M stuff? HD, Lowe's type place?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My last trip to hooters, I couldn't get the girls off my car. The girl in front is the manager:

:cheers: **** yea, thats what I'm looking for..mmmm..even had the manager in on it! :yourock:

heres hoping!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My best advice to avoid scratches, don't let any Hooters cows lay on or touch your car in any way.
Sound advice. The only way that'll happen is if I get to see some titties! Up close and personal *immitates motor-boating*

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Sound advice. The only way that'll happen is if I get to see some titties! Up close and personal *immitates motor-boating*
I can tell you this... the manager has nice ****. :nana:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well I've never waxed my Z... a crime really.
Well, that part is a crime! But, easy solution. I'm no expert on Zaino or any of the rest of the high-end products. But I do wash/wax the Z and our black Jeep suv religiously once a week.

If you're worried about swirls, pastes, etc. ever try spray wax of any type? I use "Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry" and have always had GREAT results. After washing, as you chamois the car dry (I recommend a synthetic one) shake well, and give 1-2 sprays per body panel as you chamois it off. Beauty part is, if you over apply, get streaks, etc. you can always re-mist with the hose and re-chamois.

True, it doesn't last as long as many paste waxes -- but, if you think of it as only adding 5 minutes to your usual post-wash dry off time. It's great. Do it weekly, and who cares how long it lasts -- your car will always be gleaming.

It was also Consumer Reports top pic in the spray wax category. I've always had great luck with it -- and it's cheap to boot. This from a former buffer nazi with multi stages of liquid wax...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that part is a crime! But, easy solution. I'm no expert on Zaino or any of the rest of the high-end products. But I do wash/wax the Z and our black Jeep suv religiously once a week.

If you're worried about swirls, pastes, etc. ever try spray wax of any type? I use "Eagle One Wax-As-U-Dry" and have always had GREAT results. After washing, as you chamois the car dry (I recommend a synthetic one) shake well, and give 1-2 sprays per body panel as you chamois it off. Beauty part is, if you over apply, get streaks, etc. you can always re-mist with the hose and re-chamois.

True, it doesn't last as long as many paste waxes -- but, if you think of it as only adding 5 minutes to your usual post-wash dry off time. It's great. Do it weekly, and who cares how long it lasts -- your car will always be gleaming.

It was also Consumer Reports top pic in the spray wax category. I've always had great luck with it -- and it's cheap to boot. This from a former buffer nazi with multi stages of liquid wax...

Sounds like a great quick solution. I'll try this for sure.

I can tell you this... the manager has nice ****. :nana:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:yourock:

well done young padawan..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, seeing a nice set of titties makes you feel young again no matter what age you are!

Boo saggy grandma titties..

Hooray hooters!

·
Registered
238 Posts
hey everyone, its going into fall here in pittsburgh Pa, I am getting ready to wax and everything, I was just curious and has a few questions, since I have not waxed my Z yet, and dont want to mess it up either...

1) I heard some people put multiple coats of wax on the car, for better protection, is it really neccassry? In the past I didnt care as much (I owned eclipse GT previously) but now I want to get the Z as much protection as possible...

2) I heard someone on here say they wax the rims to keep the finish nice, and keep the salt off during the winter, do u just wax them like the car? Is there any type of special wax for rims??

BTW garage my car to, so its not sitting outside all the time, its only out when I am out...so that is another reason I am trying to keep it as nice as possible, the battle is not as hard for me as others... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey everyone, its going into fall here in pittsburgh Pa, I am getting ready to wax and everything, I was just curious and has a few questions, since I have not waxed my Z yet, and dont want to mess it up either...

1) I heard some people put multiple coats of wax on the car, for better protection, is it really neccassry? In the past I didnt care as much (I owned eclipse GT previously) but now I want to get the Z as much protection as possible...

2) I heard someone on here say they wax the rims to keep the finish nice, and keep the salt off during the winter, do u just wax them like the car? Is there any type of special wax for rims??

BTW garage my car to, so its not sitting outside all the time, its only out when I am out...so that is another reason I am trying to keep it as nice as possible, the battle is not as hard for me as others... :)

On # 1) Only if you feel it's necessary. I do it if I haven't waxed in a long time.

On # 2) I have always waxed my motorcycle rims to help keep the chain lube off. You just rub it on in circle motion, let haze, then buff off with soft cloth.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On # 1) Only if you feel it's necessary. I do it if I haven't waxed in a long time.

On # 2) I have always waxed my motorcycle rims to help keep the chain lube off. You just rub it on in circle motion, let haze, then buff off with soft cloth.

PS.......on # 1) I was talking about the car/bike, not my body....... :rolf2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts