Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the crawford high flow cats for about 4 months now and I really like them. However lately I have been hearing from some other Z enthusiasts how race pipes would be better. Im wondering if its all worth it to go from high flows to pipes. Also I heard about the CEL coming on all the time with the pipes but the Kinetix web site offer pipes that do not trigger the CEL at all according to them. I feel that for the price the pipes are a good mod. What pipes out there would you guys recommend if you think I should change them at all? Also I paid $550 for my crawford high flow cats do u think I can ask for $250-$270 to re-sale (honestly though)?

Would the car get louder with pipes? I think it would right?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have the Helix test pipes, which are literally straight pipes. They're not loud unless you drive aggressively, but that could also be a mixture of the pop charger and Crawford plenum along with the test pipes. I have NEVER had the CEL issue after installing these.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Smooth, did you install them yourself? Just wondering how hard it was to get to those bolts up top by the cats.. I'd need to swap them in and out frequently as NY requires emissions inspection :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
[/quote]

install is not that bad, maybe 30 minutes. To get the upper bolts/nuts, you use a long chain of extensions 'fished' down from the engine bay.

In regards to the CEL, only worry about it if you have an 04.5 or up model yr. 03s and ealry 04s RARELY throw a SES light with test pipes. If you have concerns about the light, PM me and I have an easy $10 fix for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
in new yjork you can leave the test pipes in now. the new inspections for our cars need only to plug in to the computer and read off the obdII. as long as there is no CEL there will be no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts