Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have a magnaflow exhaust system but im looking for something with a deeper sound, does anyone know an exhaust?Something deep but loud enough? I know this is Krazy but does anyone know how some flowmasters would sound like on a 350z? :OMG:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
There are so many exhausts on the market. It really comes down to preference. Do you want dual exhaust? Single with dual dips? Single with 1 tip? Stainless steel or Titanium? Do you plan on forced induction in the future? What is your budget? 700-3000$ is a pretty big range and a lot of options at each end of the spectrum.

All of these questions are relevant.

·
Registered
76 Posts
One of the forum members here has a great system and he was kind enough to let me see and hear it... and I loved it!

Crawford high-flow cats with the APS 2.5" exhaust system (which is a wok of art!).

Great sounding... retains the characteristic sound of the Z while giving it a bit more aggressive sound. Not too loud and no "rasp" at all as far as I could tell.

So... I know what I'm getting (!)

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've heard the Amuse on a local Z. It sounds good. :thumbsup:

Amuse is not even remotely close to a deep sounding exhaust. It is a full Ti exhaust and as a result will have a very exotic, almost hollow sound to it. I will agree, it sounds good, but doubt it is what krazy is looking for.

For a deep exhaust, look into the APS 2.5" or the Borla. The greddy evo2 might be another one to consider.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Yep, it's def. different. And not as deep and hollow.

Although the ARC Ti. sounds much different to the AMUSE Ti. So not even all Ti. sound the same.

The ARC that my Z is wearing does have a bit of deep / hollow sound to it. But it sounds like an orchestra at high RPM. :wink:

haha.. I guess now we are just stuck at our defenitions of hollow or deep. :)

At any rate. Listen to as many exhuast as you can IN PERSON . As they will all sound different in some way. Pick the one you want. For whatever reasons you want. Just know that some work better with different setups.. Study as much as you can and make your decision based on what you like.

And I agree with you as well.. Ti. isn't likely what he is after.. But :dunno:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, im just looking for something that would sound pretty deep. Does anyone know how flowmasters would sound?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
well, im just looking for something that would sound pretty deep. Does anyone know how flowmasters would sound?
everyone that I have talked to with flowmasters hates them on the z.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
One of the forum members here has a great system and he was kind enough to let me see and hear it... and I loved it!

Crawford high-flow cats with the APS 2.5" exhaust system (which is a wok of art!).

Great sounding... retains the characteristic sound of the Z while giving it a bit more aggressive sound. Not too loud and no "rasp" at all as far as I could tell.

So... I know what I'm getting (!)
I've seen the APS system, definitely some quality pipes right there. I like the Borla but not sure if it's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
her you go guys...found this site it has video and mp3's of the stillen,nismo,borla, and injen exhausts. Your right the clips dont do it justice but you get an idea...
http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/DynoDay2003/

If you read the article that goes with these sound clips you will see that the Borla has the greatest HP gain, the best price, and does not increase the weight as much as several others!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you want a deeper sound, i would definately suggest the APS True Dual I've got it and i couldn't be happeir. IF you want big tail pipes I'd suggest the Fujitsubo Legalis R Which is a signle pipe that has twin outlets (like factory) One of the memebrs TPIACE Has this system and claim it sounds very euro. Maybe have a chat to him or look up his review.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts