Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fiasco I had last night at Southernlin Nissan Mall of Ga.!!!

10/15. Went to this stealership about a week ago to buy the new 06 but they didn't have it in stock. I was told by the salesman (Wesly Kim, who by the way is a nice salesman) that the car will be here in 72 hours since he talked to his boss.

10/16. I came back that sunday to signed the agreement paper.

10/19. Well 3 days later and no show on the car. I called up but Wesly was not working. I tried to contact the sales manager but he was no where around. Left a message for someone to call me.

10/20. So later that day, I get a call from this dickhead sales manager name Kevin White and he told me that the car was coming from Florida but found out it is a Base model that was enroute. I told him that I did not request for that model. I told him that his people need to get the facts straighten out. If I wanted the Base model, I would have rquested it. Kevin stated that another one will be in by November 11!!!! I told him I have places to go and show people this new car that I was promised for delivery date. So the conversation goes on and I told him that this needs to be taken care right away. Kevin said he will call me back that following Friday with a resolution.

10/21. Friday rolls around and I waited for his call. 11 am....noon....3 pm....5pm!!!...no call from him whatsoever. I got off work and went to talk to the general sales manager by the name of Chuck Hayden. I told him the situation and he stated that he was informed of this. I called around to see if there was any other car model avail. He found one in Tampa. He said that he can someone to go get the car and bring it up here. The car should be in by Monday. We worked everything out with payments and got a great deal on the z that I couldn't resist....ok for now.

10/24. No word from the gsm so I called him up to see if the car came in. He said that the guy will be at his lot within 20 minutes (time was around 1:30 pm). I went to the stealership last night but the gsm was not there. Salesman, Wesley Kim, was there to greet me and ready to make everythign go smoothly. As it turn out, everything went downhill. I don't blame the salesman because he did a great job in trying to help me but I blame his bosses.

Wesley got a call from his gsm, who happened to be at home since he could not stay. Chuck said that I had to "forked" up $600 because he went by the payoff to be higher. I told him the payoff is right w/in $60 bucks and that I would pay that amount. Chuck insisted I pay $600. I told him I would not do such thing!! The agreement was intialize on the paper and I told Wesley to get that copy of agreement out and look at it. Wesley went to his gm, Scott, about this. Wesley came back and said that someone they don't have the agreement paper. I asked him why his boss can't find this agreement paper. Told him it mysteriously disappear right after I showed up tonight.

Here's the kicker...
So I told the gsm on the phone that I will do no such thing to pay up $600. I demanded that I speak to the gm asap about this situation. I told Wesley that I want the gm to come to me and give me the details on the whereabout of the agreement paper. The gm comes out and starts yelling at me in front of all the customers saying, "YOU SCUM BAG, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL MY SALES PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!!"

To make matters worst, he spits in my face while talkign to me and I got up and told him that this is very unprofessional and that he doesn't know how t controll this type of situation. I told him that I will never step in this **** hole again and that nissan will look into this. To add to this, I told them I want my car back asap.

He then kick us out of the place in the 40 degree weather with wind blowing and all. Waited 20 minutes for them dumbass to give me my car. The car rolled up and I see a sales price on the windwhield. I ran walked up to it but the guy got out so fast and took off the sticker price.

ISN'T IT THE LAW FOR THEM NOT TO SELL MY CAR BEFORE ALL PAPERS ARE FINAL?

They put some crap inside my car to make is shiny. I was mad as **** but took off...stop on the exit raod...honk at them and roll down my window....then shot them a bird and took off.

Sorry, this is long but o well. So who do I need to call and file a complaint?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Let it go, man. You're outta there with your car back. Find another dealership that has the car you want.

If you want to file a complaint with the BBB, you can do that. But, IMHO, the sooner you put ish like this behind you, the better. There are lots of cars & dealers out there. You'll find the right one if you keep lookin.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
First call is to Nissan North America located in CA. Here is the contact info, and make a big fuss:

Please contact us if you have questions about Nissan, Nissan vehicles, or Nissan dealers. If you need immediate assistance, please call (800) NISSAN-1 or contact your nearest Nissan dealer.

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Tell them your story but make sure to really explain the last half especially the part where you were spit on and kicked out of the dealership. Then also mention that you still want to get a Z but you need to be referred to a better dealer near your location. Don't worry not all dealerships are crap. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I will call them asap. Your right, not all stealership are scum bags like SOUTHERLIN NISSAN MALL OF GA.

I email my friend who works for japan corp for nissan...he too will look into this matter.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Let it go, man. You're outta there with your car back. Find another dealership that has the car you want.

If you want to file a complaint with the BBB, you can do that. But, IMHO, the sooner you put ish like this behind you, the better. There are lots of cars & dealers out there. You'll find the right one if you keep lookin.

Good luck.
ditto.

did he actually spit in your face...or was he just yelling and spit came out while he was yelling?

it was painfully difficult to read your post. too many mistakes. where's smooth to correct this? haha! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ALA Bill Cowher? :rolf2: hehehe Or was it a "hock a loogey" kinda spit? :ahhh:

Sorry,

He was yelling and spitting coming out of his mouth..talking about gross. Im still shocked from what happend last night...I need some coffee:)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Each Nissan Dealership is independently owned, so Nissan USA cannot do anything about each dealership but file a complaint within the dealership (does you no good).

I have dealt with BBB on another issue in the past, and it is not worth the time or energy to file a case through them. I finally gave up, as the person I spoke with made every attempt to drag the process out as long as she possibly could.

You are not giving them your business and that should be enough revenge.

Best of luck in getting your baby.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
definitely need to find a new stealership!! it'd be well worth the drive to the next one just to avoid them.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Sorry,

He was yelling and spitting coming out of his mouth..talking about gross. Im still shocked from what happend last night...I need some coffee:)
ah...that's not spitting in your face then.

he was just yelling at you. and, honestly...he can do that if he wants to. he looks like a jackass...and he's eventually going to lose more and more business...but, he can yell at you if he really wanted to (no idea why he would want to...stupid if you ask me).

as 350zluvr said...not giving them business is enough. also, telling your friends not to deal with that dealership is also enough. posting a bad review on the forum turns people away from them as well.

find another dealership...but the car you want...then drive by him and show him the car. he'll be pissed you didn't get it from him. haha!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My red pen ran out of ink... :rolf2:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Report them to every place mentioned.

BTW, I had dealt with them once, awesome salesmen...guess they have to be to make up for the GM's attitude.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Man - this sounds so familiar.

I had a somewhat similar experience with GREENVILLE NISSAN IN GREENVILLE NORTH CAROLINA.

Short version: finance guy ( from NEW YORK CITY) thought he was going to run a game on me in his office. (trying to change the agreed upon numbers with salesperson and tack on a "doc fee.")

I had already transferred my stuff from my trade to the Z.

I tore up my check and walked out.

I emailed Nissan next day.

They responded Same Day.

I ended up with a killer deal at KINSTON NISSAN IN KINSTON NORTH CAROLINA. (where, I might add, I met up with 3 Z guys in parts and service that are great)

Don't give up. Follow through.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
"**** thread?" You CAN'T HANDLE ****" :rolf2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
i would complain to nissan and have them send you to a better place...youll end up with a better deal and a place you can take your Z back to for tune ups :)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
"**** thread?" :rolf2:

:lmfao:

That's the funniest thing he's said all week! It is early in the week though...

~

Def. call and tell NNA what happened and ask about other places where you will be treated better. You are better off out of that dealership anyway.. You wouldn't want to put up with that sh!t all the time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts