Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crappy day. Around lunch time .. one of my co-workers came in .. asked if my Z had Arkansas licence plates .. ummm .. .yes .. they said .. your rear window is busted out ...

&^%$*&

Just finished getting it replaced ... was in a secured parking lot .. appears started as a small chip .. and then the whole thing just crazed sometime at lunch . prob from heat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I noticed today that my windshield has some bubbles in the glass. Almost looks as if it's seperating. Will have it looked at tomorrow when the oil change takes place.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow, that's freaky. Good thing no one was inside the car.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Mac Daddy Bummer. Sorry, man.

You can always tell when somethings wrong - "Is that your car?" Uh-huh.

Glad it's only the glass. Have a cold one on me. :cheers:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My first car a 93 altima with mirror tint which spiderwebed just like that more reflective kinda cool lookin i thought i was 16 though and had 5 12 inch subs in the trunk which caused it to crack :rolf2: it didnt break for about a week i got compliments on how cool it looked :doh: till i hit a speed bump and had no back window for several days. Go find a junk yard man unless you got a low deductable.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
A friend of mine once closed the trunk of his 2001-ish sentra, and the rear glass just shattered. Right there, in front of me. It was so weird.. he didn't even really slam it. Probably just a defective pane of glass?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Now that is something you dont see everyday. I would take alot of pics of that before I get it replaced. If it wasn't prone to falling apart when driving around then I would keep it that way for awhile just for the attention.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmmm. I wonder. The window had a Platinum Tint. In fact .. only thing holding it together in the photo. I wonder .. if the 'problem' started from a small chip - could the tint itself have caused the problem? .. somehow 'transmitting' the 'problem'?

Anyhoo - I was looking for replacement glass .. and came across this statement - "... I have a friend that told me once the rear glass is removed, it fractures or breaks automatically ..." on a website - TintDude.com.

... then again ... maby I pizzed off someone on the N.O. police dept ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts