Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Give Up

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  frosty 
#1 ·
Is there some bloody secret to actually getting a reading off the dip stick....After 10 tries I have no idea what my oil level is. It is either smeared or showing basically no oil. (Which I hope is wrong) Anyone come up with a way of getting an accurate reading???? (Apart from draining the oil to see how much is there)

I get the feeling that some engineer is sitting somewhere laughing his head off over the design

#4 ·
Or you can change to synthetic oil and change it every 5,000 and really have no worries. I take mine in to get it read, they have nothing else better to do than service my beautiful Z and the guys always gather around and admire her!! First time I've ever had a service dept thank me for bringing in a car!

#5 ·
SH*T paint, suspension hassles (tyres), ridiculous oil dipstick, crap
Bose, power takeoff in the back, crunchy gears, etc.

Just as well it's a low volume production model - or there wouldn't be enough service personnel to handle the warranty work!

Then again, they (Nisshit) aren't real big on warranty work, are they!

BILLIOUS

#13 ·
Rizky, the only instances I know of is people on this forum saying they are going through some oil and it seems to be slightly excessive.

Shizzle, no my CLEAN car has been in the garage for two weeks as I had to go and spend some time in the John Hunter and haven't been able to drive. And, yes there is another red one in town and there is also another in Necknock.

As always

H

#14 ·
I'm pretty sure you can monitor engine oil usage by two areas:

1 - check the spot you commonly park in or garage area for oil on the ground (duh)

2 - check the engine area & seals for any signs of leakage etc. (duh x2)

Also, doesnt hurt to keep an eye on the temp gauge as well as oil pressure gauge. The two share readings, meaning if the temp goes up, the pressure usually goes down (showing a loss of oil). If the temp seems low and the pressure high, too much oil may have been added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.