Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt want to hi jack the other poster's thread re choice of rims so here's my dilemna:

I have an 05 Platinum / Chrome Silver Track Z and want some new Volk rims for Xmas. Why? Because I deserve them and I wont tell my wife if you guys dont :cheers: .

I like the SF Challenges (at least I do this week) but cant decide which color and size combo will go best with the Chrome Silver: Diamond Black / Mercury Silver / Gun Metal in an 8.5/9.5 or 9.5/10.5. I'm lowered on Eibachs and have a 20% window tint if that helps.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi guy,

thought you wanted to go for 19" CN28 wheels? What happened?

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Guy go SF challenge in gunmetal

19x8.5 +21 and 19x9.5+23 is the size i went for

mine cost me just over 4K from RMSMotorparts, but the wait is anywhere between 1 and 3 months, especially now over xmas time

·
Registered
588 Posts
I didnt want to hi jack the other poster's thread re choice of rims so here's my dilemna:

I have an 05 Platinum / Chrome Silver Track Z and want some new Volk rims for Xmas. Why? Because I deserve them and I wont tell my wife if you guys dont :cheers: .

I like the SF Challenges (at least I do this week) but cant decide which color and size combo will go best with the Chrome Silver: Diamond Black / Mercury Silver / Gun Metal in an 8.5/9.5 or 9.5/10.5. I'm lowered on Eibachs and have a 20% window tint if that helps.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.
Gunmetal is nice...I'm considering this wheel for my CS ZR. Rays Metal Coating look nice too!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I add Volks I plan to go 19x8.5 up front and 19x9.5 in back.

My question is which offset to get? I don't have a big brake kit, but plan to add one (Endless, Stoptech).

·
Registered
305 Posts
SF Challenge ar da bomb
19x8.5/9-f
19x9.5/10-R

murc silver

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi guy,

thought you wanted to go for 19" CN28 wheels? What happened?

richie
There were a set on yahoo auctions but they got sold...so back to square one.

My wife has cracked the shits - I have this Volk catalogue which i've looked at every night for the past year so much that it's falling apart!

If I knew how to post pics I'd put some actual photos of the various color combos up for comment!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I add Volks I plan to go 19x8.5 up front and 19x9.5 in back.

My question is which offset to get? I don't have a big brake kit, but plan to add one (Endless, Stoptech).
If you go with a high type offset on the fronts you'll be fine...an 8.5f = +23, 9.5r = +21. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Those aren't Work Meisters. Work Meisters are a chunky 5 spoke pattern.

That design is a lot closer to the Work Emotion CR Kais, but they're not them either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just to throw in another dimension, I've been running F 8.5X19 and R 9.5X19 (both+22 offset) for the past 18 months with no issues at all. In fact, they are street legal, really set the car off and attract a lot of attention. However, if I had to choose again I would probably opt for F 9.0X19 and R 9.5X19 (still with +22offset) because I believe the front can withstand a bit more of a ballsy look (ie fills the guards a fraction more). Also, this may tend to neutralise the car given the Zed's tendancy to understeer although I don't want to invoke a full on argument about handling characteristics!

I'd be happy to hear if anyone is running this combo.

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
When my rims arrive, I'll probably fit spacers to get them to sit up against the guards. I don't think they'll be bang-on, but I want to make sure they clear the struts / guards, and I can always change the spacer sizes to get it perfect.

·
Registered
187 Posts
WORK MEISTER
I've been dreaming about the Works Meister. They cost around $600 each for the 18s. I need to find a second job.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Those aren't Work Meisters. Work Meisters are a chunky 5 spoke pattern.

That design is a lot closer to the Work Emotion CR Kais, but they're not them either.
They are the Work Meister SZR, I'm looking at the brochure/pamplet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts