Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

GGRRRR!!!!!

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  dave079 
#1 ·
I am so pissed off! I am seeing this new girl and when I was pulling in her driveway for the first time which I knew the curb was steep, I was extremely careful. Obviously not enough! My Veilside lip on the right side must have caught the curb badly and 1/3 of the lip completely cracked off from where it starts on one side all the way to where the grill part starts and it rolled under my tire! It is destroyed! I will have pics up soon enough. Damnit Im pissed. $400 down the drain. :xZ!o: :cry: :punch: :dunno: :50cal:

#4 ·
I don't imagine Dave is blaming her...and while I can't speak for Dave...I believe she is worth it...the driveway may have to be modified, G/F is o-k as is.

Sad to hear this Dave...especially since you were aware of the angle and were ttrying to be careful.

V1 lips sold by Trent at MVP had a warranty card that covered 1/2 of the purchase price...as long as you didn't modifiy (mold in) the lip. No other stipulations on how the damage occured. Might not hurt to contact your vendor and see if they'll help out. Glad the bumper was left unharmed.

#5 ·
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Dec 16 2004, 05:08 AM
**** sorry to hear that Dave... I know when I had my accord I had to be extra careful.. $400 isnt that bad , at least you didnt blow up your engine ... ( Kenny ) :cry:

Just for the record...I didn't blow it up...the shop I entrusted her to for tuning blew it up. I would have actually felt better if I had blown it up.

Sorry for the hijack here...morning Art.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear that, Dave. I heard through the grapevine that this is a good op for your GF to get you that bodykit you've always dreamed about. :wink:

#12 ·
Yes it was the Newton chick Dirn but all went extremely well with that so the lip didnt bother me as much as it normally would have.

And yes it is so beyoned JB Weld repair. I will go take some pics today

#18 ·
Yes it was urethane. I called up James (Farseide on here and at Motoring) and he actually repaired Sosas Greddy lip that was just as bad. He said a good body shop can do it so depending on the price I am going to try it out. So I am going to get some prices this week and see what happens. I am also going to egt in touch with Trent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.