Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up fellas.

I just bought my Z from Woodbury Nissan in Woodbury, NJ. Part of the 'deal' of the purchase was that they would fix a few interior flaws the car had. So I drop it off to them, and another customer hits the bumper. So I return the altima Woodbury nissan let me borrow, they drop the Z off to their body shop, and take me to Enterprise.

The enterprise invoice (the one you get when you first rent the car) says bill to: Woodbury Nissan, but the other guys insurance company ends up covering the repairs to the car, and the rentals, so nissan pulls out of the deal. However, after 14 days of waiting to get my car back, I go to drop the rental off and low and behold, the insurance company now wants me to pay the bill, then reimburse me. So Enterprise charges my CC the 475 bucks, and I send the ins. company the receipt.

Naturally, the ins. company now says they will only cover the rental for the days the Z was actually being worked on, which the body shop reported was just 3 days. (Other days were weekends, holidays, and waiting for parts). So I get dicked there.

I then try to get Nissan to pick up the remaining days. They promptly refuse, even though originally they were the ones who promised that everything will be taken care of by them.

Now I'm SOL and I don't know if any of this will hold up in small claims court. Any lawyers out there or people with similar experiences that can help me out?

Much appreciated,
Jason

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Thats a tough situation. It may not be worth it to go to court for that amount of money. Thats typical of insurance companies. They will only cover the time the repairs are being performed. So was it the dealership's fault it was hit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the guy that hit it's fault. But the question is, the dealership had possession of the car. Are they responsible?

And the money is like over 400 bucks.. thats a lot to me

·
Registered
99 Posts
I suggest you file a formal complaint with your state insurance commission.

If you are in a state with a consumer oriented insurance commission, it will cost you nothing and they will correct your problem!

Look your state insurance commision up on the internet or in your phone book, find out where there nearest office is and meet with them and file a formal complaint against the insurance company of the person who damaged your car!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts