Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha All,
It happened Saturday afternoon. Decided to take the "upper road" home from work. It's a nice drive with straights, winding sections; some with off-camber curves thrown in. Single lane, no shoulders, mostly lava rocks, drop offs and hillside.
A C5 came up behind me and flashed his highs. He didn't pass me when he first had the chance, instead came up to my bumper. I took it as a challenge, so I opened the lady up. On the long straight, he closed in, however the turns were something else. At one particular winding section, I really pulled away.
By the time I came out of it, he was almost a 10th mile behind and he never caught up.
Got to find that mag article that shows how to set the lady up to pull 1g! Then go Boxter hunting. Hmmm MBs do taste good too. Guess I better keep some toothpicks in the car.
BTW, SCCA events are the best way to hone driving skills. It's a great way to offset any performance advantage the enemy may have over the Z. Performance figures are good, however if the driver lacks the skill to drive it to those levels properly.... :shiftdrive:

Happy Hunting!

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice! Great twist to the story. That's classic with the toothpick and fiberglass. :clap:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice kill of a 400+ hp beast! The Z06 would be better in the twisties.

Don't think you'd have any problem with the stock n/a boxter...maybe the 's' would give you a run for your poi...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah man, get that zed set up right with the suspension & you will eat many cars & get seriously fat!
Are you running stock suspension?

·
Registered
504 Posts
THat is VERY subjective. Its hard to tell who would REALLY have won because some people have more nuts/money than others and are willing to take a corner harder. Not saying its not a win, jsut saying that its not fair to say 1 car is faster than the other unless you time the run with the same driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts