Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did a search and there were no matches...I'm sure somebody has had the same problem.
I get a call from the service dealer saying its been X months and your car is due for a service !
I change oil and filter every 5000 ks in between the 10,000 k dealer service.
The problem is... when they insist I bring in the car, I haven't done the required kilometers. When I complain they say it must be done because the time has run out. WTF ??? how does a car wear out by not doing the miles but just getting older ?
Can anyone explain to me what parts will deteriorate over a short time of several months ?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Well I did a search and there were no matches...I'm sure somebody has had the same problem.
I get a call from the service dealer saying its been X months and your car is due for a service !
I change oil and filter every 5000 ks in between the 10,000 k dealer service.
The problem is... when they insist I bring in the car, I haven't done the required kilometers. When I complain they say it must be done because the time has run out. WTF ??? how does a car wear out by not doing the miles but just getting older ?
Can anyone explain to me what parts will deteriorate over a short time of several months ?
Is your car under warranty?? I would just tell them youre not interested in their routine maintenance and hang up/ignore their calls...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Agreed- unless your Z is still under warranty, there's no need for strict adherence to the specs. That's not to say you should put it off, either. Just don't let the dealer's profit line dictate your preferences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts