Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinkin about getting flowmaster 80 series muffler on the z for some time now has anyone heard how it sounds?

I was also wondering about the two mufflers on the z...should I remove them both? does it make that much of a differance in sound to have them both off or just the main last muffler? :wavey:

·
Registered
305 Posts
hello the z has a v6 not a v8...............

but its funny one of my friends said i should do it to ijust slapped him in the face

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Yeah. I know its not common to put a flowmaster on a import, and yes I *am* aware that the z is a v6, not a v8....but there is something to said for trying new/unconventional things. I don't think this forum would even be here without people trying new things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No way would I ever put a Flowmaster on any car I own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
on my 1st car a neon...dont ask!!!! :doh: i wanted some sound and i added a flowmaster, let me tell you , it was not that bad!!

it didnt sound like the fart tip hondas and it had some sound to it.

i also had dual flowmaster on my jeep cherokee and it sounded really nice, i sold it and the new person still has it..

but on the z i dont think i would ever add a flowmaster. it may sound nice but i dont think i would use it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Toykilla,

That person was me...I'm still working on finding a replacement exhaust system.

Unfortunatly whoever installed it went back further than just the muffler, so I'll likely need to replace the whole exhaust system... :(

but yea, flows sound like crap on the z

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Some Flowmaster 80’s… some sweet Cragar wheels… ditch the whole fuel injection thing and throw on an Edelbrock Torker II manifold and a Holley 650 double-pumper… your Z will be bitchin’!

Seriously, there is a reason that the 350z and Flowmaster are seldom used in the same sentence. The Flowmaster 80 is a universal fit muffler designed for V8 applications. Without correct tuning of the muffler case length, sound quality from an exhaust system will generally suffer. Also you may experience odd resonance at various engine speeds.

Not to mention the fact that Flowmaster uses aluminized steel construction, which is inferior to the stainless steel construction of most 350Z aftermarket cat-back systems.

Though well respected in the domestic community, you will not find many fans in the Import/Sport Compact world.

Regards,
Ronin Z

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.