Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about warranties for any of the TSB's or anything that falls under a recall for people who bought their car used? I bought my Z used with 5700 miles on it. What am I entitled to?

Specifically, I have been reading about the tires, the sound system, etc. Because I bought it used, does that limit any warranty?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
no, the warranty should fully transfer over to you until you get the 36,000 miles on it. I bought mine used as well and took it to the dealer for a few TSBs and never had any problem with it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
TSBs are something the dealer should check for free and if the problem exists on your car, NNA is charged. That's what happened when I brought my Z in for the TSB "Drifting to the Right." They fixed it and billed Nissan North America for $120 in labor.

·
Registered
543 Posts
For warranty work, does Nissan pay for a loaner or rental car? (Assuming no extended warranty was purchased?)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Oct 26 2004, 09:39 AM
For warranty work, does Nissan pay for a loaner or rental car?  (Assuming no extended warranty was purchased?)

Not usually. We run into that situation a lot and people get really mad. :angry:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Oct 25 2004, 02:35 PM
TSBs are something the dealer should check for free and if the problem exists on your car, NNA is charged.  That's what happened when I brought my Z in for the TSB "Drifting to the Right."  They fixed it and billed Nissan North America for $120 in labor.

Hey, can you explain what the symptoms of "drifting to the right" was? You mean alignment on the highway?

Cause last night I definately drifted to the left... but I think we're talkin about two different types of drifting haha

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Oct 26 2004, 09:39 AM
For warranty work, does Nissan pay for a loaner or rental car?  (Assuming no extended warranty was purchased?)

Nissan by my house put me through a rental through Enterprise. I thought most dealerships did that

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079+Oct 29 2004, 03:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Zboy
@Oct 26 2004, 09:39 AM

Nissan by my house put me through a rental through Enterprise. I thought most dealerships did that

The dealer I bought mine from did the same for me and put me in a friggin' Armada! Most dealerships have steered away from loaners, which sucks IMO - especially if it's warranty related. What if you're single and own 1 car?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 29 2004, 05:22 PM
What if you're single and own 1 car?

thats my situation. luckily i've gotten friends to take me around when i've taken my car to nissan. my dealership has a program where they will drive you back to either your house or place of work after you drop your car off, you're on your own trying to get back to the dealership though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts