Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been communicating with Auto Specialties Performance about their custom lightweight stock diameter crank pulley and any discounts they would offer for buying in quantity. This should be perfect for people running superchargers. Right now they charge $125.00 each since each one is a custom job. If I can get 30 people interested they will drop the price to around $65.00 each. Getting 30 people interested is going to be a stretch so I thought I would start this feeler first. Anyone interested please PM me or reply here.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jan 13 2005, 06:50 PM
$65?....considerably less than the Unorthodox.

Now you have 29 to go.

This NOT an underdrive pulley as is the Unorthodox pulley. It is more aimed at people that want a lighter pulley but, maintain the stock diameter.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I had an ASP pulley on my Z32, and it was smaller. I liked it. I don't know enough about a lighter pulley as compared to a smaller pulley. I suppose it has to do with rotation.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jan 13 2005, 08:37 PM
I had an ASP pulley on my Z32, and it was smaller.  I liked it.  I don't know enough about a lighter pulley as compared to a smaller pulley.  I suppose it has to do with rotation.

Just to clarify. This is not a smaller pulley. It is the same diameter as the stock pulley. This is something that ASP is making custom for us. They do not stock it. Once the GB is over (if it happens) they are gone at the ~$65 price.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, the pulley will be hard anodized in your choice of the following colors:

red
green
black
silver
blue
purple

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm not so concerned with underdriving my accessories as I am with reducing rotating mass.....so this is o.k. with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts