Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have decided to make and sell some of these boxes if I can get enough interest in possible purchases in an under the strut sub box. They will hold a 10" sub. I am looking to sell these in the $150-$180 range. Let me know what you think.

The subs that I know will work well with this box are:

1. 10" Fosgate Power Stage 1(6.4" mounting depth)

2. 10" JL Audio 10w6

3. 10" Eclipse

4. 10" Alpine Type R (6.1" mounting depth)

5. 10" Infinity Perfect 10.1

6. 10" Infinity DVC Reference

7. 10" JL Audio 10w3

8. 10" Audiobahn Alum10Q

9. 10" Fosgate Punch Stage 1

10. 10" Polk Momo MM2104

11. 10" Boston Acoustic G2

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Dave, sent you a PM...I may be interested.

Is the enclosure made of MDF? Any guess on the approx cubic ft volume?

I'm likely to mount my amp in a different location, just trying to figure out where....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is made out of 3/4 in particle board. The cubic ft is around .8 or so on mine but I can make it a little bigger or smaller. A lot of 10" subs require between .6-.9 cubic ft.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
.8 would be just right. Hmmm.. Now I'm wondering if I should also get the other 10" JL that Dirn is selling. I have an older 10" Polk DB sub but it's hitting the end of it's lifespan...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you should get Dirns sub. I bought the other one form him :thumbsup:

Let me know if you definately would like me to make you one.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm interested also. That would mean I need to get serious about upgrading my stereo. Or if you're too busy, you can always post a DIY or something.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jan 18 2005, 09:55 PM
I'm interested also.  That would mean I need to get serious about upgrading my stereo.  Or if you're too busy, you can always post a DIY or something.

If I did that then everyone could just build their own Dave :jk:

It wouldnt be too much of a DIY though. Just make a basic outline of what you need to cut on cardboard or something and use that for a stencil. Then you just have to keep trimming away to make it perfect. Its a pain in the ass but worth it.

If you would like one just let me know. I will probably start this weekend on a few.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Sometimes, I envy your free time and pioneering spirit in relation to the Z. I'll let you know about the sub box eventually. Right now, I have so many things going on, I have to check myself at the door before going out.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No prob Dave. You know where to get in touch with me if ya have the urge to get one

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:bump: for Dave! Awesome box!

Like Smooth said, it's good to see you being a pioneer for the Z community. If I didn't already have a setup, I would definitely be buying one of these.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Jan 19 2005, 07:28 AM
:bump: for Dave! Awesome box!

Like Smooth said, it's good to see you being a pioneer for the Z community. If I didn't already have a setup, I would definitely be buying one of these.

:bump: thanks Buddy!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's that guy on motoring badmouthing you, Dave? :wtf:

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is a guy, Mike, that I have seen on oter forums and maybe here.... that makes and sells these in 1 and 2 sub formats for 159 and 169 respectivily. Covered in carpet to match the interior. Super nice guy from what I've seen.

Several people have reviewed and love the box, a quick search on Ebay should find them. This is a popular product and should sell well.

Just posting to let you know that there is an alternative before you start the project. I'll be ordering one soon, once I pay for a few other things.

Take care

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ColecatZ@Jan 20 2005, 03:12 PM
There is a guy, Mike, that I have seen on oter forums and maybe here.... that makes and sells these in 1 and 2 sub formats for 159 and 169 respectivily.  Covered in carpet to match the interior. Super nice guy from what I've seen.

Several people have reviewed and love the box, a quick search on Ebay should find them.  This is a popular product and should sell well. 

Just posting to let you know that there is an alternative before you start the project.  I'll be ordering one soon, once I pay for a few other things.

Take care

Its nothing I havent started yet. The one shown is the one I made for my car.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jan 20 2005, 02:58 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who's that guy on motoring badmouthing you, Dave? :wtf:

Thanks for sticking up for me on that thread Dave :thumbsup:

I hate when people talk crap when they have no idea what they are talking about.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, I got pretty pissed, so I replied to the guy on motoring. What an idiot. He must be 19 going on 69; thinks he knows everything.

Here's an idea, Dave. Make it out of plexiglass and glow tubes inside...then sell the plans to someone in Hong Kong who can make it for $10 each, turn around and import it to sell for $200.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts