Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed under hard accelleration that there is a rattle happening around or behind my gauge cluster any one have this issue? i think i read something bewfore but i couldnt find it. and by the way i did a search and nada.
mdzowner :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
506 Posts
[/quote]
I too have heard a rattle, but have yet to find the location, it seems to be coming more from the rear of my car. Also under hard acceleration, anyone have this problem?

:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]

Check your keys in the ignition, that was my rattle. I needed my wife to solve it in two seconds for me after I spent countless hours punching stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

Which gauge cluster? If it's behind your speedo/tach cluster try readjusting the steering wheel height and locking it down good. If it's behind the oil temp/volts/data display it could be coming from the defrosting vents near the windshield.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ya i got the same sound in mine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same problem...I tried everything its a slight rattle... To me it sounds like its coming from the passenger door, and only when under steady throttle starting around 50mph or acceleration. Still cant find it...its anoying the **** out of me! :dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
There are two identical, small vents...one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side...in the dashboard. While driving with a passenger, have him/her hold their finger on the vent....

If this vent is not causing the disturbance I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one. If it is this vent...it can be fixed but will take some doing as I've been fighting it for a while and only have it 75% gone. Worse when the temps are cooler and first thing I hear when I start the car...at idle. If it is coming from a door panel..maybe take it to an audio shop and get it dynamatted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah ha. I have these two seperate rattles as well. One coming from the IPC and another from the passanger side. I still have not found the cause.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do have a rattle behind the center concole gauges above the Navi door. What it turned out to be was the nitrous lines vibrating on the metal of the firewall between the engine bay and the cockpit area. Maybe if you have grounding kits the cables may be doing this as well. Try turning the car on and going under the hood while someone is inside the cockpit listening to the rattle. When they hear the rattle stop it means whatever wires you where moving is what was vibrating against something. It took me 30 minutes with my wife to find this after 15 days by myself to try and look for it.

Now regarding the vibrating sound coming from around the passenger door I also have that but mines went away. I wonder what it could of been.

Let me know if any of this works.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
The only thing that rattles on my car is my friggin dash kit/head unit. Every bump, it bangs around in there. Anyone do anything custom to fix that??

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well I had a rattle that I couldn't find for the life of me. I thought it was the rearview mirror rattle that many ppl have experienced, but it wasn't. So I was driving my A6 this winter and THE SAME DAMMED RATTLE WAS IN THE AUDI. I was so friggin pissed. Then one night while hubby was driving, I found the culprit that was rattleing IN BOTH CARS...................It was my EZ-Pass for the PA Tpk :headshake: For a year I struggled to find the stupid rattle in the Z and the entire time it had nothing to do w/ the Z itself. YIKES. If you have an EZ Pass or something similar check it out...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
That's where I keep mine too. I can't believe it works even from in there. I'll have to try it someday if I ever get a chance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts