·
Registered
1,396 Posts
right there with ya...the local shell is $3.74 for 93 octane

edit: just give it a month or two before the big 4 comes out :headshake:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Last time I filled up was $3.84 per gallon of 93 in the Hartford CT area. I see $4+ real soon! yay!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
None of you (in the USA) should be complaining about the price of fuel. You have probably the cheapest fuel in the western world.

To put it in perspective. You guys are paying about $1.08 AUD per litre (assuming $3.85 per US Gallon & 1 US Gallon = 3.78 Litres & $1.00AUD = $0.95USD).

In Australia we pay $1.50+ per litre which would roughly be the same as you paying $5.38 US per gallon ((1.5 x 3.78) x 0.95).

It is even more expensive in the UK! ... about the equivalent of $9 USD per US Gallon.

·
Registered
456 Posts
OK... you are right... point taken... since we don't even have one... I'll shut up.

Forums are the best place to have a whine so go for it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (Groover @ Apr 24 2008, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=521453
OK... you are right... point taken... since we don't even have one... I'll shut up.

Forums are the best place to have a whine so go for it.
We in the US, just got used to $1.50/gallon gas for decades, and this artificially induced pricing is nothing but BS.

If you need some Nukes. I'd gladly give you some of ours. That way, when my Mother becomes bothersome, you could shoot a few over to NZ for me.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I paid $3.999/gal. for 91 octane (California pisswater) premium this morning at a Valero station, which are generally cheaper than Shell stations. I am seeing about $4.10 gal. for premium at a lot of stations in L.A. now. V-Power at Shell is 91 octane here too.

When I was a kid in the (early to mid) '60s, gas was 39 cents a gallon, unless they had a "Gas War" and then it dropped to 29 cents.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts