Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned over the weekend that the adjustment of this little round panel is somewhat finicky (sp?). However, it's not hard and takes nothing but patience and a philips-head screwdriver. Apparently the 2 little tabs on the inside must rest in the alloted space and need to be centered perfectly for the release button to work properly. I just kept adjusting, closing, eyeballing the panel, then releasing it again to adjust some more.

For a while, I had problems getting that panel opened (probably a bad install from the factory). Now it's all better. It's a little tricky getting the whole panel out but with care it can be done.

I hope this is the correct location for this topic/thread. :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Thanks for the info Smooth. Mine has trouble releasing too sometimes, especially when it's cold. I'll have to give this a try

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea mine has been sticking and it gets really annoying when i push the button and its still closed!! i just use my key and it pops right open

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Use your key!?!?! Watch the paint!

Mine used to stick sometimes, but now when I'm getting out of the car I just hit the button like 8 times. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to hit the button a bunch of times, and still I would have to use something to pry it open. That's annoying, especially for a $30k car. I forgot to mention that there are 2 screws, and you don't have to unscrew it all the way out. Just loosen it, move the cap around a bit, then rest your hand on the car as you hold the cap with your fingers while your other hand tightens the screws. It only takes a couple of minutes and a few tries to get it the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
In Jersey, where we can't pump our own gas (bastages!), the attendants tend to get annoyed with me for not opening the tank, even though I've hit the button like 5 times

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is also a TSB out on this problem where they (Nissan) replace the rubber bumpers and the spring. Unfortunately the kit has been on order for my car for about 2 months now. Think I'll try it myself. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good tip, Smooth. I'll try to remember that. -- Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealer ordered the parts to fix my fuel door problem. Took about a week to order and no problems since. Hope you get yours fixed soon.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've noticed that if the panel doesn't open, I can still squeeze the tip of my finger ever so slightly at the 7PM position to open it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts