Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... this is my 1st post... I have been hanging around for awhile, and u all seem really kool... BTW i got my Feb of 04' and have been lov'n it ever since.... so much the i got 30k on it as of today... N E Way .. to the story

On my wya to work this morning i passed an Altima all kitted up on some nice rims and had exhaust on it... i let him catch up to me and pass me and as soon as i saw him hit it, i released the beast and i ate him up over and over again for about 2 miles ....

then i catch up to the Passat.. one of the nicest passats i have ever seen... he did a Euro conversion on it and it sounded really nice...

So now its me the altima and the passat and only 2 lanes.... It basically turned into a race between the 2 of them because i was so far out infront that i took my self out of the run w/ them; but that was ok because i see a mustang up ahead... :shiftdrive:

as sson as he saw me... boom the down shift and that 5.0 was screaming.... he already had about 5 car lengths on me... i caught up at about 110.. and passed and after i passed him i saw 132 on my dial..... so i backed off

besides the fact that my exit was coming up quick....

So HI to all u guys rock with these kill stories... and all the mods on my car are a set of 20" rims staggard...20x9 up front/20x10 in rear.... 4in' rear lip.... black face chrome lip... I 'll get pics up soon!!! :irock: :irock: :irock:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
good kill. They just passed a law in minnesota that if you get caught doing over 100 you can loose your liscense for 6 months

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Woohoo! We got an adrenaline junkie here! :yourock:

Yeah, MN doesn't like bikes that can outrun cops.. *cough* *cough* 100mph is so easy in the Z...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Welcome....easy to speed in the Z!

I hit a hun last night coming home from my anniversary dinner...had to back off quick before wifey noticed the triple digits! Though she did ask why I called the other cars 'bait' & then outran 'em...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the law here is anything double the speed limit is considered a felony and u lose ur car.... BTW the speed limit where i was on is 40mph... But there really is nowhere for the cops to sit... so u can kinda get away with speeding on here....
and it really should be faster because it has twisties but most people should be able to handle them at atleast 55-60mph...
most people do about 70 average anyway...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Hey NYC, where ya from? And whats your commute, which roads?

I've been commuting from Queens to NJ for the past year and a half.. GCP to Triboro to Harlem River Drive to GWB to rt46.. when theres no one on the road, its a fun ride. I can get to Jersey in 20 mins ;)

But then, theres days like today when theres roadwork friggin EVRYWHERE and it takes an hour and 45 mins to get home.. bastad's..

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im coming from westchester...Yonkers to be exact .. up to Stamford CT....

I start with the Saw Mill North to 287(cross Westchester) to Merit Parkway.... on a good day with light traffic it takes me about 45 min to an hour.... with traffic its about 1 1/2 hours....

going home is worse... minimum is an hour and has been as bad as 4 hours especially in the winter... :banghead:

Oh yea and i saw a new Ford GT40 going the other way on 287 today .... sound really nice.... that car is pretty awesome... I was behind one in vegas and when that car idles it sounds like thunder... :OMG:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 4 2005, 07:42 PM
Hey NYC, where ya from?  And whats your commute, which roads?

I've been commuting from Queens to NJ for the past year and a half..  GCP to Triboro to Harlem River Drive to GWB to rt46..  when theres no one on the road, its a fun ride.  I can get to Jersey in 20 mins ;)

But then, theres days like today when theres roadwork friggin EVRYWHERE and it takes an hour and 45 mins to get home..  bastad's..
[snapback]141763[/snapback]​

Good ole NJ Transit bus 161 for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was racing a z28 through a school zone and saw lights so i kept it down in 3rd gear. i hit a 45mph turn at 126mph in the left lane passing a camry w/ my lights off and the camaro got caught

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jeffz18@Aug 10 2005, 12:47 PM
i was racing a z28 through a school zone and saw lights so i kept it down in 3rd gear. i hit a 45mph turn at 126mph in the left lane passing a camry w/ my lights off and the camaro got caught
[snapback]144100[/snapback]​

Way to drive like a jackass

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by jeffz18@Aug 10 2005, 10:47 AM
[snapback]144100[/snapback]​

Was that as smart in real life as it sounds? :headshake:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[/QUOTE]QUOTE(jeffz18 @ Aug 10 2005, 10:47 AM)

:doh: thats really not too bright.. i love to push it and race but that a bit exessive even for me

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 4 2005, 03:55 PM
Woohoo!  We got an adrenaline junkie here! :yourock:

Yeah, MN doesn't like bikes that can outrun cops.. *cough* *cough*  100mph is so easy in the Z...
[snapback]141640[/snapback]​

Agreed, 100 comes up before you know it sometimes..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts