Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may or may not know Doug and I have been carpooling to work since he is working close to my office. Lucy is sitting in the driveway, we are conserving on mileage and gas, but it's sad to see her sit there. The weekends we take her out for nice runs but she's pretty dormant. So today I decide to start on my full winter detail, dawn wash, claybar, cleaner sealant and final layers of sealant. The carnuba wax is done for the year till next spring, it won't last thru the winter. I start on the wheels. What is this I see inside the wheel wells and on the splash guards???? :lame: :ahhh: :ahhh: It's BABY BLUE PAINT. WHAT??? :furious:

Now the last person to take her out was Doug last weekend when he came to pick me up at the mall. There were some leaves inside the wells and on the inside of the splash guards but i haven't looked up close since then. There was blue paint ALL INSIDE THE WHEEL WELLS AND on the inside of the splash guards and under the oem side skirts or whatever you call that piece, and tiny dots of blue paint on her doors and rear end. :OMG:

I was furious, still am, but not getting into it w/ doug b/c he may not even know about it as clueless as he is about things like that. I scrubbed the inside of the wheel wells, the black plastic parts, and some came off but looks like I will have to take the wheels off and go at it w/ turpentine or something b/c it's not all off and it will drive me crazy.

The good news: CLAYBARS ROCK! That sucker took off all the paint off of lucy's paint job. I could NOT believe what I was seeing. And of course along w/ the full body claybar comes that silky smoothness of her paint that I just drool over. Can't stop touching her! :biggrin:

I got the cleaner sealant on, and off, but darkness took over and I will have to do the final layers of blackfire all paint protection tomorrow. My neck and shoulders are going to fall off, can't claybar w/ the pc. If anyone has any idea about what solvent to take the latex paint off of my wheel wells please post away! Don't want to use something too harsh on my baby :cry:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Good luck with getting that stuff off your wheels Jinx. Maybe ask at autopia what type of cleaner to use to get the paint off your wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts