Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I did a quick search and found little about what people are telling in regards to how much fuel there Z is eating.

My fuel consumption:

Full tank gets me 550 (according to DTE)
My digital meter says:anywhere between 7.7 to 8.5.

when I first bought the car it was doing OK fuel so I did the following to improve it.

- Tyre pressure (this is a big one)
- all 4 wheel alignment.
- remove unwanted stuff from the boot.
- clean air filter

and boom! instant fuel increase.

I've been filling up 98 oct since i bought the car, but have read somewhere that shell 95 oct is really good and has shells 'fuel economy formula' in it. which i know works wonders form previous experience.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

ashlahtoN.

·
Registered
20 Posts
what is the optimal tyre pressure for fuel economy?

id say i get about 450-480 to a tank but it is very hard to drive Zeds economically.. too easy to put your foot down

·
Registered
34 Posts
i get around 580 to 630 klm out of a tanik on 98 oct fuel, however i do a fair bit of highway driving, when driving around the countryside and lead footing it abit it drops down to around 480 - 510 klms

·
Registered
20 Posts
I consistently average 8.5km/L city driving normally.

Drops to about 7-7.5 if you have a heavy foot or get stuck in traffic frequently though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
i get approx 350-400kms out of tank
thats pretty much just city driving, no long commuting

thats with brand new pumped up tyres and using BP ultimate or shell V-power
im sure my car is capable of getting 500+kms.. its just the different driving you do.. u do laps on saturday nite in the city, your bound to get less out of it haha..

B
0 Posts
I’ve just bought my 2005 350Z and thought I’d do a fuel economy test. Bit of highway and town driving managed to get 585km on a tank with DTE showing another 60km. (I never like to go that low for risk of sucking up dirt) I am quite impressed for such a grunt machine and even though I wasn’t burning rubber all the time, it had quite a few bursts. I’m running 38psi all round, and coz I’m old school and still work with MPG, I figured around 25.5mpg.

Question is, what fuel octane should I be running?

Cheers everyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts