Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all: i am getting a whining noise from my fuel pump.it is not very loud most of the time,but on cold mornings etc.it makes a fairly loud buzz until (i guess) it warms up and quiets down. anyone hear of this problem Thanks! MARTY

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Welcome to 350Z-tech!

Since it's located under the secret stash cover in the "glove box" behind the passenger seat it's no suprise you can hear it if the pump is acting up. Any difference in performance...smelling any gas in the cockpit?

I don't recall reading too much about the OE pump making noise, if your Z is still under warranty why not take her in early one morning when the noise can be reproduced? Should not be difficult to diagnose and a pretty simple replacement item.

The aftermarket Walbro pump in my Z makes noise all the time....nature of the beast.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! i got the car last april(hot in florida) and could allways hear the pump if i listened closely.but now its in the upper 40s and it actually rattles until warm, could be due to plastic etc. contracting when cold.i am gonna have it checked anyway. MARTY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts