Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With very mixed driving ie. Kaneing, crusing in city/highway/freeway i seem to be getting on average 420 - 450km per tank!?! Is it me or is this extremely thirsty?? Your thoughts and stats.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why am i getting so little? Any theories? Or do i simply drive to hard?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
what type of fuel you using? Also how much throttle do you use during cruising? What gear are you in when cruising? Such as on 60kmh zone on what gear? i usually on 5th gear.

i think i get about 500km/litre as well.

Also did you turned on the A/C when driving? because it could effect about 25% of your Fuel consumption as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 60kmh i use 4th gear and mainly use optimax if not ultimate. Rarely use aircon. When you say you get 500km per tank what sort of driving is that? Is it a combination of aggressive cruise etc or?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I get about 500-500 using Mobile 8000, hardly ever use the AC with very mixed driving, mainly 6th gear by the time i get to 70+.

My next few tanks of petrol I will just try AC on all the time and/or flooring it all the time and see the difference.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Sounds thirsty to me.

Unless I've been thrashing the **** out of my car, I'll usually pull about 420km on 3/4 of a tank (which is about when I go around looking for a servo anyway).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
13.0 - 14.0L/100kph average. But when I got to the track it's more like 30L/100km.

It all depends on what kind of driving you do, how often do you stop/start and switch if on/off.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I get 11-12L / 100km or about 650km to a tank. The Z is very economical for a high performance car in my opinion. I usually hit 6th gear at about 60km/h, but the last few weeks I have been driving harder (ie reving out 1st and 2nd gears around traffic, before changing up to higher gears and backing off the throttle).

BTW, I did a 300km high speed driving trip with Scathing and others a few weekends ago. Used just over 1/2 a tank for that trip and still managed at least 550km to the tank.

Conclusion - 350Ztrackspec you are either very aggressive on the throttle or your car is in a bad state of tune - probably the former though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might go to the doctors tommorow morning and get my led foot checked out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Question that might resolve the issue....What RPM do you guys shift at under normal driving in the gears 1,2,3,4

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
That day with KY, I used about 3/4 of a tank. I filled up right before we started, too.

But with the Unichip tune, its a bit thirstier when the ECU goes in to open loop than stock (which we spent most of our time in).

That and, because my tyres weren't getting the same levels of wet-weather grip that his were, I was forced to brake earlier and throttle harder to match pace with him.

For day-to-day driving won't rev higher than 3000RPM. I used to change gear at 2200RPM in every gear, and sit in 6th gear at 60, but I found that it made the engine lug a fair amount...especially with the lighter flywheel.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's my problem I shift min 2800 to 3100rpm <<<---- And thats on a good day. Hmmm time to learn new tricks i think

·
Registered
258 Posts
I get around 550-650kms out of tank usually and like the others when I'm cruising I change gears at around 2000rpm and normally am in either 5th or 6th when travelling 60km/h...i do travel on the Motorway once a week and travel around about 130km's which helps...

I remember a week where i had to travel into the city a few times and then i got only around 550km's out of a tank...

i have been experimenting on different petrol lately...my personal experience is that optimax doesn't give me as much k's as ultimate and vortex98...at the moment i'm using vortex98 for the last few weeks...its pretty good but i still think ultimate gives me the most...but just by about 20km's or so...never used mobile...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow it just seems like shift @ 2k is really to soon I guess maybe just coz i like to pull in front of the pack when im in traffic i hate being stuck behind of cars. Thats ok fuel cheap these days anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
1st to 2nd gear @ 20km/h
2nd to 3rd gear @ 30km/h
3rd to 4th gear @ 40km/h
4th to 5th gear @ 50km/h
5th to 6th gear @ 60km/h

All my gear changes in casual driving are as stated above or give or take 5km/h. At these speeds, I find that I'm actually shifting at or slightly below 1800rpm in the higher gears (ie 5th and 6th). No luging from my engine even at these low rpms.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With very mixed driving ie. Kaneing, crusing in city/highway/freeway i seem to be getting on average 420 - 450km per tank!?! Is it me or is this extremely thirsty?? Your thoughts and stats.

Hey champ, im like you, i usually get approx 400-450km/tank. I guess we are getting less coz we arnt in 6th at 70km/h like the others. At 70km/h im usually in 4th, shift to 5th at approx 100km. Having said that, i have driven to Sydney and back on one tank, having done 760kms.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts