Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2008 350z fuel gauge always reads empty, the rest of the gauges work fine and as far as i can tell fuses and relays are all fine. Ive tried a few different pairs of fuel pump and sensor but no luck. ive also tried cleaning the contact points where the float is to no luck, any help would be amazing.

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
Is the fuel gauge the only gauge not working? Is this a new problem, or was this the case when you first purchased the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuel gauge is the only gauge not working, it hasn't been working since i first purchased, ive just been filling up every 200 miles to be safe

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
Just read your thread from the other Z33 site. Have you tried a new fuel pump, or have the ones you tried just used ones?

·
Super Moderator
1,659 Posts
Another option is to pay a dealership to troubleshoot this issue. If they install a new fuel pump and float, they'll make sure the gauge is working properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2008 350z fuel gauge always reads empty, the rest of the gauges work fine and as far as i can tell fuses and relays are all fine. Ive tried a few different pairs of fuel pump and sensor but no luck. ive also tried cleaning the contact points where the float is to no luck, any help would be amazing.
On the G35 it's a broken solder joint on the gauge cluster board. Also, you have two sensors in the saddle type tank. May want to clean the driver's side unit, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts