Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hrmmm according to the Z, my fuel consumption is 6.2km/L. this seems very low for some reason. i dont thrash the car, and i change gears around 3000rpm.

my friend has a fuel consumption of 9.8km/L, and hes an auto. :doh:

should i get nissan to take a look or is it something else ? mabbie tyre pressure ?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
There's lots of things to check, but that consumption is bloody high. The only time I'd hit those kinds of numbers is during track days.

It could be lots of things. Luggage in the car, tyre pressures and alignment, quality of fuel, engine condition, etc......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont carry anything in the car, the engine is stock and i brought the car with around 15,000km on the clock. the only thing i can think of is tyre pressure, might give it a pump. ummm, what kind of tyre pressure figures do u guys use ? 36psi all round ? well, my old car took 36psi and it had 17", soo im thinking of 37psi at the front and 36.5psi at the back.

hrmmm, i also think theres something wrong with the tranny. i dont really know coz im new to manual cars. but what happens is, when im shifting from 1-2-3 it makes this kinda "clank" sound, but the gear does go in. this does not happen when i shift to 4-5-6.

would it cost money for the nissan dealer to take a look ? would my local nissan Dealer do ? coz i brought the car from adalaide and theres no way im travelling all the way bak there to get something checked.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just checked the tyre pressure with my foot pump and ****.... they were all sitting on 25PSI ????!!!! :doh: i knew there was something funny about the tyres when i got the car. i've pumped them all up to 37PSI with the **** foot pump, lmao. :OMG:

hope its all good now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
thats high..!!

mine is usually about 9.1km/L

·
Registered
66 Posts
mines auto track and i normally get around 8.5Km/L seems high but I use the cruise control EXTENSIVELY!!!

also the stupid smash repairer butchered the exhaust and I think its leaking a little (well its vibrating slightly and makes like metally zzzz when you lightly accelerate)

·
Registered
55 Posts
mines currently on 8.2 (with my bro driving with a heavy foot)

i average about 8.9 myself

Compared to the 200sx, the Z drinks heaps

L8TR

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mines currently on 8.2 (with my bro driving with a heavy foot)

i average about 8.9 myself

Compared to the 200sx, the Z drinks heaps

L8TR
how many kms do u usually get outta the tank ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I honestly wouldn't know.

I share the Z with my bro so i dont really check the k's i get a tank. Its a company car which is family owned.

My guestimate would be roughly low to mid 600's. Sorry i drive the 200sx 80% of the time.

When i get the Z back from Charlie Battisti I'll make sure i update the post.

L8TR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts