Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Other important points to consider.

Because the R32 has no turbo trying to get more power out of it will be harder and more expensive and it wont have the aftermarket offerings like the 350z has. The 350z is developing a very large aftermarket and to my knowledge VW doesnt have a NISMO like company which totally focuses on developing motorsports parts either.

P.S I love the Zeds interior with the burnt orange seats, I think this works great with the black duco.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've been down the mod route before, i use to have the Golf GTI and i had put in a GIAC ECU, 2.5" SS exhaust from the turbo back, suspension mods, wheels, yada yada yada... the car was pretty good but i've promised not to go down that route again. I plan on keeping my car relatively stock.

So i'm not too fussed with what is available aftermarket. Like Frosty mentioned, there is a supercharger kit available if i wanted more power but i highly doubt i'll go down that path.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
sorry' i think i wouldn't recommend the R32. Because the New Golf is out already and they are doing the New R32 now. so you don't want to get the R32 when about 1 year later the new R32 is announce and you lose the Depreciation value down to the drain.

But it's just a thought, but still i recon the car looks nice, yet it's still a golf with bigger engine. :p

Good luck with your choice ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
MELB350Z

What do you reckon you'll ger for a new Z?

If you work hard at the dealers no trade, $63000 is about the money.

You'll have to go some $thousands below this. There's Z's out there for $55000 with 0nly 5-10k on them.

One way or another you'll blow your 1st year's depreciation in a flash - but by buying the R32 at the same time, effectively you're blowing 1st year depreciation on 2 vehicles, effectively, ot ONCE.

Press them for the C A S H !

Frizzle

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Fark i don't know what to do!!!

As for the New Golf, well i don't like the styling of it anyway and the new R will be an R36 (3.6L) but i doubt that will reach Oz until at least 2006 considering they are expecting to get the GTI mid 2005. I also like the subtle styling of the R32, sleeper. And the interior gets a BIG thumbs up from me whereas the New Golfs interior is rather average.

In anycase, i'll ask insurance about whether i can get a new R32 instead of a 350Z Track. I think trying to sell the 350Z privately might cause too many headaches, if i can get a good trade in at a VW dealer then that's a possibility.

As i said, worst case is that i keep the 350Z and put a good alarm on it and even that isn't a bad outcome.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.