Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm possibly selling my SC Z with the following mods. If you are interested please shoot me a PM. Asking price will be 60+. There is about 27k+ in mods not including labour etc. I'm not interested to hear comments like: Its to expensive, why buy a SC a TT would be better, I'll offer you 30k etc.

Reason for sale: Looking to buy a 2002/3 M3 or a Lotus Exige

Silver 2003 Z with ~42k on the clock no accidents and serviced every 5000k

HKS Supercharger
Tein Flex + EDFC Suspension
Cusco Sway Bars front and rear
Cusco A-arms
Amuse R1 Titanium Exhaust
VDO Navigation system
Rogue Short Shifter
ATS 1.5 LSD + Oil cooler cover + replacement oil
HKS superfire plugs
Bridgestone S03 tyres (decent tread left)
H&R Wheel Spacers
Endless pads front. Winmax pads rear

Michael

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair comment. I have done that with all my other cars. Still have all the stock OEM parts and nothing has been drilled or cut etc.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Michael,

Good choices on the next car... I will go for Lotus Exige though if I were you, simply because there are too many m3 out there and they are freaking expensive to run/maintain (I had some painful experiences with BMW M3 and still having some with another bmw in the family)...

At least Lotus Exige is running with Toyota engine and you shouldn't have too much problem getting parts locally either and ****, that car will be a nice road/track car!

Good luck on the sales and looking forward to know your decision!

btw, as what Toykilla suggested, it might worth more parting those parts out and sell them individually, I am sure many people will want to get the HKS SC kit off you!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
262 Posts
if you do take the parts out of the car i might be interested in purchasing the hks supercharger, depending on the price.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Groover,

I imported the kit from AAM in the US when the kit first came out and also before the APS TT was released in the US. I installed the kit myself with the help of some mates that run a tuning house here. I *believe* that i'm still the only HKS Z in OZ.

AP350

The SC cost me about AU$10500 with shipping duites etc. From memory shipping was about AU$900 by air etc. If you are serious PM me some figures. If I do sell it to you, you will recieve all parts to the last screw, and original instructions. The only thing that you will need to buy is the fuel pump.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
richie

With your BMW what type of issues are you having. I always been told that if you have a BMW with electrical problems get rid of it asap. The decision is hard as the M3 has performance and luxury and the lotus only performance while still being the same price tag if you get my drift.

Stupid me I'm already investigaing a SC for the M3 and some nice NA parts for the lotus. Ahh well some things just do not change

Michael

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Michael ill take the cusco sway bars if you part the car out :cheers:

I wouldnt buy an M3, they've been done, too many on the road

The Exige is a more unique purchase, and Lotus offer a factory supercharger for the Toyota engine in the UK

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SC is also offered here for the lotus but out of my budget at the moment. I believe there are non oem alternatives though which i'm trying to hunt down

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Michael,

Yes... electronic problems and I had a SMG m3, hydraulic pump killed my interests in the SMG m3... 3K each when you need to get one replaced and over our 2.5 years ownership, we replaced 4 hydraulic pumps... and all bmw parts/services are very expensive, especially with M series... I once asked why are they so expensive (I am quite close to those bmw service people back then), the response was very simply... because they are M series and people who drive them should be able to afford that!

Also you might want to take a look at M3 blown engine issue happened earlier when they released the m3... we had a few blown engine cases in australia too... so getting a used m3 will actually have higher risks to the other engine/drive train problem (M3 engines are all hand built and each components are very unique only to this engine) because nobody buys a m3 just to cruise around... they know what M3 can do and you gotta do what every m3 owner does when you own one :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4 Pumps, What a bitch. I'm supprised you had no legs to stand on to fight the issue. About the engine issues thanks for the heads up. I heard about this a while back and there is even a web site devoted to it somewhere. I *assumed* it was only in the 2001 models and that is why I hoping to get a 02/03. I believe it was the big end bearing from memory and happened to alot of owners.

I found a turbo kit for the exige. Bit pricy for what is included. Need to investigate further.

http://forcedfed.com/elise/turbokits/forcedfed.html

Michael

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Michael,

I did fight for those pumps, but the very first pump was replaced after warranty, then a year later, the second one was out of the warranty... and right after it got replaced, I accidentally burnt one myself, therefore I needed to pay for it (Long story)... then after that, that pump got bad again towards the end of the ownership... not only the pump got the problem, even the SMG lines needed to be replaced and they needed to be shipped from Singapore (surprised that there was non in australia)...

All BMW parts are very expensive, so beware of that if you are going for a supercharger kit on a M3... if there is something wrong with the motor (*touch wood*), you are expecting to be more than 30K for a new one since it is VERY HARD to get a used engine..

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Michael,

Hate to sound like another one of the scavengers, but if you do have to return to stock I'm interested in:

Tein Flex + EDFC
Cusco A-Arms
ATS LSD

PM me with how much you'd be interested in letting them go for, and we can talk. With the spring rates on the Flex compared to stock, I am definitely going to want to ride in the car before I buy them.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have had quite a few PM's regarding pricing etc. What I will do is post the prices here so it will be first in first served so we reduce the number of PM and emails.

From a personal stand point I still need to see what i'm going to do. The M3 seems to be falling off the books and the Lotus is still strong. I just got wind that I *may* be able to get a good price on a SLK 55.

Scathing,

Even if I do not sell you the coilovers u are more than welcome to meet up and see what the suspension feels like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah the new one with the 5.5 V8 from memory. I nearly creamed by pants when I was told that I might be able to get a good price on it. I found this kit for it that will bump it up to approx 400 Kw. Hate to know the $$$

http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/thecars/slkr171
Never been int Mercs but gotta say lately I've been admiring them more and more.
What's that 4 door that looks like a coupe? Saw one in the metal yesterday...what a beautiful car (for a sedan)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
michael...

I am very indifferent between the SLK55 and Exige though.. they are both rare and SLK55 will be more comfortable for sure, but Exige is just a pure collector's item... I can say that Exige will keep its value better when the time goes by though... and probably you can save youself at least another 50K going for Exige over the expensive SLK55 though... and if you are going to spend 160K for a SLK55, you can consider M3 CSL that's a lot better than a M3 I would say , but still, the SMG maintenances will be costy... :(

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The only way I can afford the SLK55 is with the discount I mentioned. Otherwise its just a pipe dream.

Did more research into the M3 blown motor issue last night and it seems that from 01 to May 03 they have the fault. An 03 would be expensive thats why I was looking at the 02 which I reckon I can get between 78-95k depending on spec.

So still looks like the Lotus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts