Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im still in shock about wrecking my car.. so much i have to get done and it seems like nothing is happening.. we went to strip down my car today and ran into a dead end when my locknut key broke.. now the wheels are stuck on the car.. I am trying to get a new key, but ive read they have problems with these so it may happen again..

I have also looked into other alternatives.. craftsman makes some stripped bolt removers.. anyone have experience with these? i may stop by and get some tonight.

i am anxious to see what the insurance company is gonna try and pull.. I want to get 28k for it.. but im not sure if they will go for that..

also if i cant get the rims off i am going to try to get them to pay for those as well..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Sorry that things are so F***** up for ya TK. Hopefully the ins. co. will come thru for you, they can be a real pain in the arse!!! Thankfully mine got me a check w/in a week of my accident--once the ball gets rolling it gets a little smoother, just dealing with all the recorded statements etc is a pain in the ba**s. The "investigation" part is the toughest. Hang tough man. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Just remember, ins. co is on your side, that's their job and that's what you pay them for!

Did you include your rims on your policy when you got them???

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It will never add what you payed for them...In fact to replace the stock Nissan wheels would probably cost more at $900 a wheel for 18" tourings and like $1100+ for the rays from a Nissan delaer...Dude get those wheels off no matter what!!!Then sell them...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey TK I know what you're going through. I got sided by a 77 year old . Just 2900 mi at the time. It took 3+ weeks of long anticipated agony.(will it look as new again?) The wait was worth it, A real super pro body shop. I'll attach a pic. Anyway, Those 18s are, get this, $ 1430. each, no tires! unbelievable considering it was just a 1200. option. Geico was able to get for 758. apiece but the public, no way. Good luck to you. Everything will work out fine, you'll see:) Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
What is it with our Z's? Seems like there have been a ton of wrecks lately. Yikes FLZ! I am glad it worked out OK. I am crossing my fingers for my baby to come back looking like she did b4. But, it has been 4 weeks now, and probably another few more till she is done. $18K in damages. Hopefully they can match the BY perfectly.

TK keep us posted on the goings on, K????

PS Rentals SUCK! I am stuck driving a crappy 4 cylinder Toyota Corolla, a shoebox on wheels.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Thanks Dave *hugs*. Yeah, she was seriously messed up. Right Control arm broke, steering knuckles, both front fenders, bumper, right rear quarter panel, spoiler, side and curtain airbag passenger side, radiator, intake, wiperfluid resivoir, (nothing else in the engine thank goodness) , etc etc etc..
..it was like being in a bumper car, but I walked away and that's the important part. Did I mention hubby was freakishly involved too? Just freak accident, $6K to his HD duramax diesel chevy. I would have sworn it was a joke if I hadn't been right there....sorry for hijacking the thread here TK.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I love my 350Z, but it is a magnet for trouble. I have had 3 accidents (!!!) in one year, all of them 100% the other guy's fault. All three on the left front corner. First one over $4K. Second one over $7K. Third one almost $10K. Never any frame damage. Counting the ones that the car originally came with, I am on my 4th left front fender and front bumper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts