Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my HU and front speakers this weekend, and got confused with the wires. The other thread on how to replace the speakers was great!

At both doors, the wires going to the stock speakers are green and red, while the wires coming out of the stereo are different colores for each side and positive/negative.

Does anyone know which wire is positive and which is negative? I connected the red wire to positive terminal in the speakers, and they do work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the speaker will work regardless of which wires you connect. The only difference is which direction the speaker push/pull. As long as the front speakers are connected the same it doesnt matter.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
If the speakers sound "weak" just reverse the wires. The speakers won't be damaged, the sound will be driven into the door instead of out the front if they are miss wired.
Usually red wires are + or power and green are - or ground. This is if they are the only wires together. Things may be different when it involves multi-wire harnesses.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by josemorabito@Sep 6 2005, 01:47 PM
I replaced my HU and front speakers this weekend, and got confused with the wires. The other thread on how to replace the speakers was great!

At both doors, the wires going to the stock speakers are green and red, while the wires coming out of the stereo are different colores for each side and positive/negative.

Does anyone know which wire is positive and which is negative? I connected the red wire to positive terminal in the speakers, and they do work.

Thanks.
[snapback]152951[/snapback]​

Use a 1.5V battery connect to speaker, if the speaker pushes out toward you the battery is connected correct. Look at the + & - on the battery follow them to the spk.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by eletech+Sep 10 2005, 11:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-josemorabito
@Sep 6 2005, 01:47 PM

Thanks.
[snapback]152951[/snapback]​

Use a 1.5V battery connect to speaker, if the speaker pushes out toward you the battery is connected correct. Look at the + & - on the battery follow them to the spk.
[snapback]154147[/snapback]​

Batteries have been known to damage speakers. I don't recommend that. Take your time and read. Get data on what wires are what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts