Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing a Greddy Kit. For the front lip, did you install them with just the side screws & double taped the center? I have heard of some people using rivets to re-enforce the lip. Is that needed & did it show? My body shop (www.mobworks.com) is planning to use glue & says that it is stronger than the double tape. I am afraid that it may comeoff. Any suggestions/tips are appreciated.
THANKS!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Double sided tape and the screws will work plenty well. I had my veilside lip on for months with no problems at all with just that. Double sided tape is much stronger than you may think

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That 3M tape is stronger than a mother f-er. Don't worry about glue, and I would think that the screws that come with it will definitely hold it on...after all, if it wouldn't, Greddy would probably supply more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup...what they said.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Everything listed above will take care of what you will need. Besides you wouldn't want to see pop rivets if it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
don't forget the 3m adhesive promoter with the tape. Strong stuff - on skirts and front lip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts