Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before etc
My UK spec car has orange indicator bulbs in the centre top of the headlights. It looks as if there is an indicator position for a bulb in the orange strip down the side of the headlight, but no bulb, nothing happens. Is this just a UK thing, does anyone else see the orange side strip flashing? If so, can I get the bulbs to reconnect them?
Cheers
Fraser

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The strip isn't a light, it's a reflector. I believe there are places that make LED strips that you can put in its place. Someone else should be able to tell you for sure though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I look closely at the orange strip running down the side of the headlight there is what looks like a position for a bulb about 1/3 of the way down. I'll have to take the headlight out to check but I'm pretty sure the designers intented for there to be a bulb in there. I'd like to remove the orange bulb from the headlight cluster and put it back one back in the strip if possible.....

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** that is a gorgeous Z. And yes those lights are some $. But if he can afford those HRE's and turbo I guess why not.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The Us Spec (or at least mine) does have "running lights" Right there. Mine do not flash

Just "City lights on"

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Chazzg, thats what I wanted to see, so they are city lights in the US, mine don't have any bulbs in you see. I like the look of the orange strip, but wish it did something. I'm going to look into moving the indicator bulb from the main cluster into the side strip and get the strip flashing. Also, have you added the lights to the orange strip lower down on the side? That is just a reflector on mine

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by fraser@Sep 2 2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks Chazzg, thats what I wanted to see, so they are city lights in the US, mine don't have any bulbs in you see. I like the look of the orange strip, but wish it did something. I'm going to look into moving the indicator bulb from the main cluster into the side strip and get the strip flashing. Also, have you added the lights to the orange strip lower down on the side? That is just a reflector on mine

That's what we call the Front side marker. Stock it is just a reflector, the lights (led) in my are something you have to buy. Mine are the Clear Side markers with 2 sets of amber LEDs in them, 3 light up with the City lights then 4 more Flash with the turn signals.

In the US we do not have to have the marker under the Z emblem Like you do, so I bet that is where Nissan moved the light from the amber strip, and why you don't have one. I think the Lights in the amber strip are a different bulb than the one used for the top turn Signal, but I might be wrong on that. I would ask Ares on My350Z.com he makes all kinds of light things for the Z.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts