Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to where to order a stock bumper online for a Chrome Silver 350Z. I have some scratches on the one I have now, so I would like to replace it. Any suggestions about web sites I should visit?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to where to order a stock bumper online for a Chrome Silver 350Z. I have some scratches on the one I have now, so I would like to replace it. Any suggestions about web sites I should visit?
Please post only once regarding one subject. THanks. :)

As far as the bumper is concerned, are they deep scratches or just in the paint? The cost of respraying the bumper will be far less than buying a new one and having it painted. :dunno: If you really want a new one or they are deep gashes then I'd contact the site sponsors first and let them know you are a member here. There is a link in the top toolbar to all site vendors. See what kind of a deal they can getcha! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jinx,

Yeah there is one 5 inch gash that is on the bumper...I would rather just get a new one. Where is the vendor link? Are there any other sites outside of this one that offer quality replacements? Thanks for your help, and sorry about the second post.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much does it cost to typically have a bumper painted? I am thinking about ordering it, having it painted elsewhere, and installing it myself. What is the level of difficulty for such an installation? I was looking at it just a minute ago, and it does not look too complex. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Have you ever prepped and painted a car before? If not, I would leave it to the pros that can guarantee a paint match.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You are probably better off getting the bumper from your local dealer, because shipping of such a big item will not be cheap.

As for painting I would think around 200 bucks, make sure where you take it knows what they are doing and use enough flex in the paint because the bumper is plastic and if there is not enough flex in the paint the paint will crack.

As for the install it is a 15-20 minute job real easy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never painted any part before, so I was definitely going to have it done professionally. I just don't want to have to pay a fortune for installation since I know I could do it myself. As for painting cost, I was estimating around $200. Does anyone have an idea as to how much a dealer would charge for ordering, painting, and installing a bumper? I am going over to my local Nissan dealer soon to get an estimate for ordering the bumper, painting it, and installing it, but anyone that has an idea or has actually done it would be helpful. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Your dealer is going to take you to the bank and rape you. Order it unpainted if you can, pick a good bodyshop, then have them paint it and you install it. I think it's going to cost more that $200, though. I got a Cwest front lip and the estimate was always over $200 just to paint. I ended up installing it.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Your dealer is going to take you to the bank and rape you. Order it unpainted if you can, pick a good bodyshop, then have them paint it and you install it. I think it's going to cost more that $200, though. I got a Cwest front lip and the estimate was always over $200 just to paint. I ended up installing it.
The bumper comes ready to paint and is black. One option for the painting is if you can find a hookup at the dealer like if you are friendly with the service manager and see if they can get it painted on the side, that is how I got my Nismo lip painted and it cost me 100.00, this is a good option since it is not a big job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts