Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some black plastic grille mesh, like what comes with the Nismo bumper. I'll be attaching it to my new Aerosync front bumper, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Z1Auto carries them, but they're out of stock.

I prefer it to be plastic mesh, but the Z1 grille was powdercoated aluminum which would work fine. I included some pics to give an idea of what I'm looking for. :thumbsup:

:helpsmilie:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:drool: Just seeing that pic got me excited about my new bumper!

Sorry the pic is so big. I'd resize it, but I want to give the full resolution so you guys would know what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help in advance. :wavey:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Buddy, shoot me an IM later when I come back from idle.. I got some pics of my custom setup. Its a black mesh, metal grille. I think you'll like what I did.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Buddy,

I found a few options for the grill material. They are available through McMaster-Carr. I have attached links. Let me know how you make out with the new front bumper. I am considering the same bumper for my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Opps, link does not work. Next option; go to www.mcmaster.com. Go to lower right of opening page and look under Raw Material and Spring, then look under Thermoplastic Mesh, Expanded Metal and Perfortaed Materials. This is a wide selection of products

Raw Materials and Springs
Felt • Fabrics • Brake and Clutch Lining • Thermoplastic Mesh • Thermal Insulation • Pipe and Tube Insulation • Sound Absorbers • Rubber and Foam Rubber • Polyurethane • Plastics • Wood • Glass • Ceramics • Graphite • Wax and Casting Compounds • Metals • Expanded Metal • Perforated Materials • Foils • Shim Stock • Wire • Magnets • Bumpers • Edge Trim • Grommets • Grips, Caps and Plugs • Bellows • Springs

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That link works for me. :thumbsup:

Anyone know about what size I should go for? Keep the small rocks out and the good air coming through. :cheers:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Not the same thing, he wants it to go behind the grille....I have that street scenes grille, be careful installing, the clips tend to rust and I ended up w/ rust spots on mine, gotta powder coat it and reinstall, I am thinking plastic clips or even zip ties :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I e-mailed Sung at KbodyShop Buddy...will let you know what material he uses, assuming it's not a closely guarded secret.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I e-mailed Sung at KbodyShop Buddy...will let you know what material he uses, assuming it's not a closely guarded secret.
Thanks K. :yourock:

Z1Auto carries what I need, but they've been telling me about an order they placed that still hasn't come in. I'm running out of time. :doh:

·
Registered
798 Posts
hey what about the grille you have now? are those strips? or an actual grille?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's on an OEM bumper. They are just chrome door trim protector strips that I cut to fit over the stock grille.

I have an aftermarket bumper now though, so I need something to fit behind my new grille.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts