Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my front brake pads because they where squeaking a lot, Took my Z to the dealer and they said they needed to be replaced, they wanted to charge me close to 300 bucks for that job... so considering i'd done a brake job on my previous cars, I decided to do it myself. (with the help from the AWESOME tutorial on this forums, THANKS)

When I took the old pads and compared them with the new ones, they where definitely low... so now with the new ones i notice better faster braking, but also still squeaking... specially when I'm going like 5MPH and then just tap my brakes... I was just wondering if this was normal, or it I did a crappy job installing them... THANKs...

·
5,437 Posts
This is normal. You have to bed them, or break them in for them to stop squealing. Give it a few weeks and see what happens.

The good thing about brake installs, is if you made a mistake you usually know right away lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have waited... and this problem is still going on... the squeaking is very annoing, it does not squeak when I apply the brakes as I am driving over 25 MPH... it is when I am backing up from parkinglots, or when I get somewhere and I am only going like 5MPH and I tap on thebrakes...then it squeakes... really loud... what should i do???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts