Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a lil sumthin' for you z fans out there. just an idea of how the Z was concieved back in 99' ...depicted from these scans are conceptual drawings, renderings and full-scale modelled prototypes of different variants of the current nissan 350z we know (and own, for those of us who do ;-) ) today.

ejoy...

mr350zed

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks jinxxy!...gotta hand it to you though, you know just about everything of our beloved Z, doncha? hehe :)

whats this table coffee book thingymajig you mentioned earlier? i wouldnt mind getting my hands on it actually...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks again jinxxy..will check it out

thanks to you too shezzzhot, for the link....

cheers

mr350zed

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's cool how you can see what details trickled down to actual production.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hmm...something to put on my coffee table. Nice find!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unfortunately, the ones that dont make the cut are recycled for other projects, it tends to be that way since automotive clay is very exspensive to work with. the chosen concept is then prepped up for scanning and a machine is used to scan the car from all angles. the information collected is then converted into 3D points or NURBS, that will be mapped by digital modellers using CAID (computer aided industrial design) From there, the refinement stage begins before proceeding with mass production....just a short summary for your info

cheers

mr350zed :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
very nice find, just got to say i am glad they settled with how the car looks now, some of those concepts were hideous IMO

·
Registered
351 Posts
The Z is one of the few cars wher eI think the actual car is much better looking than the concept. Truth be told, I wasn't even a huge fan of theZ when it first came out (I liked the G35 better), but what can I say, it grew on me (specially after a test drive...)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i was the same way too...the zed never appealed to me at all until a mate of mine got one. i liked the 300zx more because of its factory installed twin turbo...but none the less, the new zeds got stunning good looks and impressive performance for my standards at least hehe...

just incase anyones interested in purchasing the mag that features nissan'z 350z conceptual development article. go to

www.carstylingmag.com

or

www.carstyling.co.jp

browse through the back issues section and look for carstyling issue 150.

cheers :cheers:

mr350zed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts