Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was looking around for clutches when I noticed this link. I checked it out and thought that I would share it with yall. It seems pretty widespread. Just thought that I give you guys the headsup. Here is the Link

350zmonitoring

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I remember reading this a while back and noticing it on my car. Oh well I don't really think theres much you can do about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is pretty old but I though maybe I would share it lol. I don't think that it is a big deal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wouldn't tie/reinforcement braces help stiffen the chassis and help "fix" the problem?

(Not a rhetorical question... more of a "I'm not really sure about this stuff, but I thought that was what they were for, but feel free to educate me" question.)

Also, anyone know how to tell/if the roadsters have this issue?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wouldn't tie/reinforcement braces help stiffen the chassis and help "fix" the problem?

(Not a rhetorical question... more of a "I'm not really sure about this stuff, but I thought that was what they were for, but feel free to educate me" question.)

Also, anyone know how to tell/if the roadsters have this issue?

Subframe connectors, which run from front to rear susp. (sbuframe) assemblies, are common for hotrodded unibody American cars...mustang, nova, camaro. I would think that for a car like the Z33, you'd have to be driving awfully hard or have some hp mods. Haven't seen anyone making them for the Z...& if the car were all that flexible, you'd probably see them on GT cars...

(the quarters on my '64 nova started to buckle after I added cam/intake/carb/exh...I've got connectors installed on the '67 I'm building now)

·
Registered
286 Posts
How much does that puppy weigh?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i never noticed the dimples until after i read this post and checked my car, blah. well i guess if i never noticed it before then its really no biggie, right?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
FYI we also discovered slight cracking in the aluminum sub frame in the rear end on 3 cars already..Two cars were TT and driven hard and one car was N/A with a Tanabe coil over..We think there will be issues with the rear subframe in the near future.We just got a welding unit to weld aluminum, and will be working on reinforcing the rear frames..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh boy :( that sucks. That is not good. I am going FI ^^^^booo on that. ^^^^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts