·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
5,437 Posts
Nice, but:

You lose your spare tire.

You can no longer put ANYTHING in the trunk without damaging the audio equipment.

More weight = less fun :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well the only thing I ever put in there is my hockey bag, so it would sit comfortably over the woofers. Plus you could always get some woofer grills.

And I dont need the spare tire anyway due to my tires. But in MY particular situation, it'd work great.

Some others, maybe not so great. But here's another option for those that feel their options are already slim :)

On a side note, where on Long Island are you from? I'm from Center Moriches

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have a similar set-up. I lived in a rough area for a while and wanted a stealthy install so I have one shallow-mount JL 10 mounted in the spare tire well. Mine is below the floor though, under the trunk mat. Completely invisible. I have a woofer grill over it (which is mashed in a bit now) to protect it. I have packed the trunk so full that it barely closed and the tires were tucking in the rear and no problems.

I've driven the car for four years with no spare. I've done 5 trips between 1500 and 3500 miles and haven't had any problems. :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I couldn't do without being able to toss luggage/cooler in... but it does look really good though. I wonder if some sort of grille/cage over the subs would cure that whole issue?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I'm planning on doing. Putting a grill of some sort for styling/protection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts