Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up for the APS kit, and I would feel a lot safer with forged internals...any recomendations? I'm all about quality, so if anyone has had experience or heard good things about a particular brand let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
JE makes custom pistons, so you may want to talk to them. Might wanna check out http://www.sgpracing.com/ GQ_626 just had a group-buy on Arias pistons. The pauter forged rods SGP Racing sells look twice as strong as the stock one's. AEBS also has a stroker kit with all new internals, may want to check them out, it strokes the motor to a 4.3, and you can get the compression in 8.5:1.

There aren't a lot of options right now but you should start seeing things pick up. Ferrea makes awesome valve kits, I don't think there are any for the Z yet though. JUN makes good internals also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so...in the long run would a stroker kit be safer, easier and cheaper then simply dealing with pistons, rods, etc. individually?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
maybe. have not heard anyone that has even done the stroker mod yet so your guess would be as good as mine

·
Registered
66 Posts
XP has their turbo pistons which looks really nice and at only 600, not bad for a set of 6. (8.5:1)

·
Registered
10 Posts
You should contact SGPracing for your engine build. They will be able to provide anything you need.

Ask for Mark, he's a good guy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have Wiseco pistons for $600 and Carrillo rods for $1000. The pistons are available with Polydyne ceramic top coat and moly side coat for an additional $175. Also we will have an exciting new piston design available in the near future.

Z1 Motorsports
www.300zx.com
770-562-8668

1 - 11 of 11 Posts