Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just debating to buy some or not. they look really cool and come in several colors but the real advantage is they weigh like 1/3 of a standard lug nut. Less rotational mass = more power to the ground. Plus they have an internal hex (a little harder to steal them?).

Anyhow I am concerned about the reliability. Anyone know anythnig about them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7955397321&rd=1

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
They wear out quicker when they have the internal pattern whenever you remove them to take off the wheels. Also, so many people use these that thieves will still be able to take your wheels.

And the amount of weight from your lugnuts is not going to matter one bit. Unless you have a completely stripped, fully built race car, then I don't see any point in wasting the money...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I put Kyokugen tuner lug nuts on my last Z... I will NEVER EVER do that again. When I went to remove my wheels, the key BROKE and there was no way to remove the lugs from my car. The only options were to buy another set of lugs (waste 50$ just for a key) or order another key from japan (who knows how long that would take??). Well neither of these options sounded good since the next key was 99% chance going to break (It was thin cast metal).

I ended up using Craftsman stripped bolt remover tools to get all 20 lugs off.. It took about an hour or more. I was extremely pissed.

I dont think this is a problem with most lugs, but stay the **** away from Kyokugen!!

The ones you are linking two are of a different design, and may or may not work well. I cannot say.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for ths input guys. I think I will stay clear of these. Not worth the hassle it seems. And after all my Z is a far cry frmo a totally stripped down race machine so the payback would be minimal.

I really just thought they would look cool spinning against the silver Nismo wheels (brass colored lugs that is). I think I will pass on this and be conservative.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Noone said you couldn't get brass lugs or a wheel lock. I just think that you would not benefit as much as you hoped from this product. Like TK and I said, they are not of the caliber they should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts