Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=841150

Ya know, I am tired of stuff like this. Why is it that, in particular, Ford guys aways seem to think that Mustangs are THE fastest cars out there? I can't wait till the new 05 GTOs show up and hand the 05 GTs thier asses. I am so sick of all the Stang heads blabbing off about how unbeatable the new GT is. Heck I cant wait for my chance to show the new GT just how defeatable it really is!

This guy tells us that 425 RWHP is EASILY acheivably on a Mustang.

I call B.S.

His formula is a 03/04 Cobra plus CAI and exhaust!! 03/04 Cobra has 390bHP, so about 310HP at the wheels.

So, an exhaust and intake gives it like 125 HP??? Wow, I really need to get an exhaust and intake on my Z then!!

I mean, cmon the Cobra is fast, but these Mustang guys go nuts some times....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
maybe a pulley also..

intake/exhaust is known to do wonders for domestic cars.. Sucks we cannot see similar results. The 03/04 cobra has a supercharger and i have seen some impressive dyno numbers after tuning/bolt ons..

425 is probably easily attainable.

However it is still put together like ass, and the interior is pretty much 1980.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have seen a bunch of them in person and I think they look horrible. At first I liked the pics and all but in person :vomit:
They just look cheap like all Mustangs always have. Except for the 60's models

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you kidding me man?

I just cant fathom 125 HP from exhaust and intake, even with a pulley....

Granted, it is put together like ass thats a given.

But if all it needs is a little more breathing room, why didnt Ford put that in Stock?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
An full exhaust and intake may give 30-40hp at max

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
well look what tuning does on our cars with FI... most superchargers bolt on at 330rwhp, but after tuning we see an increase to around 380ish?

intake and exhuast + aggressive tuning could yield and extra 100hp..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Dave079@Dec 6 2004, 12:54 PM
An full exhaust and intake may give 30-40hp at max

That would be my guesstimate. 50Hp MAX, even at the wheels, thats not NEAR 110Hp which is whats needed to run 425HP.

You would need some serious work, or at least a good shot of Nitrous to hit 425.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by toykilla@Dec 6 2004, 12:57 PM
well look what tuning does on our cars with FI... most superchargers bolt on at 330rwhp, but after tuning we see an increase to around 380ish?

intake and exhuast + aggressive tuning could yield and extra 100hp..

Forgive my newbishness here, but wouldnt the Stock Cobra be fairly tuned as is? Wheras a FI's Z is not yet tuned, hence the improvement..;.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03borla.htm

Even here, the CLAIM for the Borla exhaust is "up to 30 horsepower" (still need 95 more), and we all know what claims are good for.

That same sites CAI claimed 20HP at the crank.

And IF that was true, those ARE impressive numbers for Intake and exhaust, BUT those are FAR short of the needed 125 HP.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, so now the guy claims that those mods are not good for 125 HP, but that Ford UNDERESTIMATES HP. BY LIKE 75 HP. He claims that the Cobras DYNO 380 RWHP. And that the CAI and Exhaust can bump him up to 425. He also says hes dynod at 422 with only those mods. Hmm... I wonder whos ass he used to dyno his car :doh: :lame:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Dec 6 2004, 01:15 PM
OK, so now the guy claims that those mods are not good for 125 HP, but that Ford UNDERESTIMATES HP.  BY LIKE 75 HP.  He claims that the Cobras DYNO 380 RWHP.  And that the CAI and Exhaust can bump him up to 425.  He also says hes dynod at 422 with only those mods.  Hmm... I wonder whos ass he used to dyno his car  :doh:  :lame:

I was watching Horsepower TV and they had an 03' Cobra on it. They do underate those cars as they are some beasts. They are dynoing around 360 at the wheels. With ECU tuning, new pulleys for the S/C, and something else I forget they got around 60hp.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd like to see that. I could not find a single dyno on it.

IMO, 390HP at the crank = BEAST anyhow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Zboy@Dec 6 2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03borla.htm

Even here, the CLAIM for the Borla exhaust is "up to 30 horsepower" (still need 95 more), and we all know what claims are good for.

That same sites CAI claimed 20HP at the crank.

And IF that was true, those ARE impressive numbers for Intake and exhaust, BUT those are FAR short of the needed 125 HP.
[snapback]47639[/snapback]​

Well i have proof of this.. having a 04 cobra myself. I dyno'd at 390rwhp stock [I have the dyno graphs]. I added a Intake/exhaust w/ no cats and was at 430rwhp. Also, dyno sheet obtained. So it is not unlikely :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Says venominside in his first and likely last post on this board. We're not here to start a flame war.

Keep in mind that all cars are sent out of the factory with different designs. The Z's intake was actually designed pretty well. So well that seeing a 10 hp increase is almost impossible. The s2000's airbox is freaking terrible, so replacing it can give you an easy 20 hp at least.

I don't know anything about the mustang internals, so I can't say one way or the other whether this could be true, but I wouldn't doubt it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts