Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Nismo cat-back a few days ago. When car is at Park, I rev the engine and get nothing but nice low throaty sound. When car is traveling and revving close to 30K RPM at 75 MPH, the sound becomes so loud that I can't even carry a normal conversation, but when I let go the gas pedal, it becomes quiet. Is this normal???

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the cat-back, and, while the sound is better than stock--throaty and a bit louder--it is no way too loud, especially inside the car. If you did the installation, something ain't right. Better get under and see where it's leaking or vibrating against the body.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just had the Nismo installed a week ago. It gets louder as you head towards redline. I have not noticed it being to loud. It is rather tame until you hit the gas.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've had mine on for about 2 years, and it's only .....throaty under acceleration.

I got black flagged at a PCA HPDE for having a too quiet car before I installed it. :banghead:

I got black flagged after it's installation for still having a too quiet car! :OMG:

I added high flow cats, and no more black flags! :clap:

Love the sound! :cheers:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Originally posted by chsia@Aug 21 2005, 04:29 AM
I installed a Nismo cat-back a few days ago. When car is at Park, I rev the engine and get nothing but nice low throaty sound. When car is traveling and revving close to 30K RPM at 75 MPH, the sound becomes so loud that I can't even carry a normal conversation, but when I let go the gas pedal, it becomes quiet. Is this normal???
[snapback]147595[/snapback]​

Is the Nismo the only exhaust mod you have done? Is your car a roadster? There was one guy here in Nor Cal with a roadster that has Crawford headers and high flow cats that said he got a drone on the highway with the Nismo and he has since gone to a Stillen setup.

I have a Nismo with stock cats and manifolds, plenum spacer and CAI and it does it only gets loud when I get on it.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts