Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE (blue660rO1 @ Dec 14 2008, 07:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563060
Nice. I am seeing a Giants/Steelers superbowl :)
Same here. My prediction is a Steelers - Colts AFC Championship Game and Falcons - Giants NFC Championship. I'd love to put my Bucs in there but I've seen some highly questionable coaching decisions over the last three weeks. Frankly, I'm surprised the Bucs record is as good as it is. I miss the days when even when the team was crappy the 'D' was known league wide as "The Red Menace".

Hope the Giants can take it to the 'Boys tonight! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
QUOTE (blue660rO1 @ Dec 14 2008, 05:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563055
So did the Steelers clinch the division today?
Yep, that they did.

I can't believe the Giants last night. The Boys did okay for a struggling team, even with all the injuries.

As much as I'd like to see the Steelers go all the way, they better step up on offense to get there.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Dec 16 2008, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563311
Huzzah! Steelers are #1 in the power rankings!

too bad that power ranking didn't reflect on the field yesterday :rolf2: guess that might shut up some of the Titan's nay-sayers. Yeah they do have some issues but they way they played yesterday proves that they are for real.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The idea that the Bucs can potentially miss the playoffs after having such a great mid-season is bumming me out. But I am enjoying the late season success of the Colts and would hate to be a team that has to face them in the playoffs. I've heard a few tv & radio analysts say how the Colts aren't the team the used to be or that they're getting lucky with some of the wins they've gotten. I've also heard these same "experts" using the phrase "finding a way to win" when refering to similarly styled wins by other teams. While I think that part of the double-standard is some favoritism on the part of the analysts I think that for the most part its not the way people are accustomed to the Colts winning in this manner.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Dec 22 2008, 07:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563684
too bad that power ranking didn't reflect on the field yesterday :rolf2: guess that might shut up some of the Titan's nay-sayers. Yeah they do have some issues but they way they played yesterday proves that they are for real.
I don't think the Titans have it. But that's just me since I don't consider them a real NFL team. :poke:

Did they not show up today for the games? I know they got the #1 seed but being shut out is a hard pill to swallow.

QUOTE (BusyBadger @ Dec 22 2008, 08:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563685
The idea that the Bucs can potentially miss the playoffs after having such a great mid-season is bumming me out. But I am enjoying the late season success of the Colts and would hate to be a team that has to face them in the playoffs. I've heard a few tv & radio analysts say how the Colts aren't the team the used to be or that they're getting lucky with some of the wins they've gotten. I've also heard these same "experts" using the phrase "finding a way to win" when refering to similarly styled wins by other teams. While I think that part of the double-standard is some favoritism on the part of the analysts I think that for the most part its not the way people are accustomed to the Colts winning in this manner.
I can't stand the Bucs, and I'm glad they lost today. I'm still a fan of the Colts, though. :clap:

Steve, what happened to the Brownies?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Way to go, Arizona! That's amazing how they got this far in the season.

I can't believe the Colts lost. In a way, that's good.

I'm looking forward to watching the Vikes today. I'm rooting for them just because I live here and I don't really like the Eagles. I'm hoping the NFL doesn't black out the game here. The rumor is that they didn't sell enough playoff tickets. Duh... it's the economy stupid.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
QUOTE (ambigu0us @ Jan 4 2009, 09:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564742
I hope Terri and I can still be friends if it turns out to be Chargers v Steelers! ;)
:nunchuk: Don't forget about me. The last time the Chargers beat the Steelers in the playoffs, I became pretty reclusive and anti-social for a while. That's when I started hating the Chargers...

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
QUOTE (SmoothZ @ Jan 4 2009, 09:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564745
:nunchuk: Don't forget about me. The last time the Chargers beat the Steelers in the playoffs, I became pretty reclusive and anti-social for a while. That's when I started hating the Chargers...

Oh Snap! I didn't realize you were anti-Chargers!

I'm just "acting" like a fan because we live here and the Bears are down and out.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well, the Titans finally fell. After all the hoopla this season and going undefeated for so long, they choked. In a way, I'm glad they did. I guess I should thank them for wearing down the Ravens.

Can't wait to watch the games today. GO STEELERS!

:thatsfunny: about the Panthers. My brother thought it would be Steelers vs Panthers in the SB.

I totally missed that Panthers game. :doh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Watched both games today and was pleased. The Eagles definitely looked better than the Giants. Watching the Steelers game with my oldest son made it even better. He's coming around... :clap:

·
Registered
38 Posts
My thanks to the Cardinals and Steelers for making the next Superbowl tolerable for me. The Steelers looked pretty good yesterday and I was completely amazed how the Cardinals made Carolina looks absolutely awful. Since I'm a Bucs fan I always love seeing the kittys catching a real beat-down. I'm also of the opinion that Delhomme is highky overrated and made his lackluster performance look even worse by trying to do more than he is really able to do. This pic says it all...

I'm thinking the Steelers will make it a trifecta and beat the Ravens yet again, but the NFC is title is more interesting to me. I'll certainly be pulling for the Cardinals. After all, I'm enough of an old-timer that I can remember when they were still in St Louis (with the TRUE bat-swinging Cardinals team) and there were jerseys sporting names like Dierdorf, Hart, Metcalf and Wehrli.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts