Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to installing my fogs,the install wasent to bad took me about three hour's,I think they look pretty cool the pics dont do them justice.....tell me what you think.

latter

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are AIC h3 high intensity....I picked them up from Autozone harness/switch and remote included for $40.

Maybe I should install a billet grill over the top.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think you did a GREAT job. I know how difficult it can be when you are mounting lights behind that grille. Some take their bumper off to work in that area - I didn't. I took the liberty of moving your new lights a bit lower. This will give you an idea what they would look like if they were mounted in the lower portion of the grille. (it's just another view)
Again nice mod! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh no.....Frank what did you go and do that for,now im thinking yeah they do look even better at the bottom,but ya know i pre fitted them there and they didnt look as good as they do in your pic, oh well win some lose some. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well YOU actually gave me an idea with your purchase. I was wondering what fog lights would look like mounted as you have done. I have seen many photos showing 350Z fog light installations. However, I'm not too keen on placing those huge sunlamp looking devices behind the grille. When they are on they look - well - not too cool. They just look goofy to me. So what I did was mount 2 small amber LED lights deeper into the grille. They basically function as directionals. You really can't see them unless you stoop down or actually have them switched on.

BUT - now I'm seeing the smaller fog lamps that you have installed ...........and I may re-think my original LED install. I like the lamps that you have purchased. :clap:

(here's a pic of what I mounted)
:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, but if you go with the fogs i dont think you'll be dissapointed....Oh by the way thanks for closing the hood LOL

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I like those much better than the "Rally" style fogs I have seen installed.

Nice work.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Those look really nice! And really simple too!

I want to find some that have a little more white to them instead of the yellow bulb. How functional do you find these at night? A lot better visibility?

Do you have any pictures of them turned on at night with the headlights on also?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok pics at night.....The camera makes the light look yellow infact it is a white light, the shot even makes the hid's look yellow.

The install....Well it was pretty straight forward,If you do buy fogs just by looking at the bracket will give you a good idea of what is involved,If you feel the front edge of the grill,you cant see that it tucks under its self the bracket slips nicely into that tuck,(you will see what i meen when you take a look) so all i did was to hold it in place with a 10mm nut and bolt,the bolt is a black dome head type so you can hardly tell its there (not included in the kit) but you can pick them up from any hardware store,as for the wiring instructions/diagram should come with the lights as does the switch,harness,and remote. its a breeze to to wire it up,I guess the trickest part was finding away thru the firewall,there is a grommet behind the battery where the harness passes thru,depending on where you want to mount the switch and im guessing it will be somewhere on the driver's side,there wasnt enough harness supplied with the kit so i drilled a small hole on the left side under the cover used a small grommet then threaded the wires thru,you can see where I mounted the switch. the switch isnt the best in the world untill I find a better one it will do.
By the way i did have to cut about 3 inches out of the grill so as the light could sit in there but its so snug you cant tell,dont let that put you off&nsbp;&nsbp; :bump:
sorry about the quality of the pics ......cheap digital.

Latter

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts